GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why should I get a Gamecube?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/12/01 at 00:42
Regular
I already own a PS2, and i'm thinking about purchasing another console, now I can't decide which to choose from out of the X Box or the PS2. I enjoyed Ninty's games up until the N64 came out, granted the system had its moments but thee weren't enough games to warrant my purchase so I waited for the Dreamcast and stuck with my SNES for far to long.

So why do you think I should get a Gamecube? I've seen the screenshots and granted they look very nice, but are there really enough killer games to make it worth my while, Mario frachise sounds like its going to the crapper with Shigsys new "make them shorter and aimed at younger audiences" rubbish. Zeldas looking a bit stale, granted the franchise needed some changes, but was it really necessary to make Link look like a retarded rugrat, Jet Set Radio was a damn good example of Cell shading but the thing about that was it didn't look like a kiddy program.

So what games are gonna be really good on the GC? I mean exclusive games that aren't aimed at kids, not saying I mind playing cartoony games, I just want them to have a good challenge like Banjo or MArio 64.

So go on convince me.
Fri 28/12/01 at 00:42
I already own a PS2, and i'm thinking about purchasing another console, now I can't decide which to choose from out of the X Box or the PS2. I enjoyed Ninty's games up until the N64 came out, granted the system had its moments but thee weren't enough games to warrant my purchase so I waited for the Dreamcast and stuck with my SNES for far to long.

So why do you think I should get a Gamecube? I've seen the screenshots and granted they look very nice, but are there really enough killer games to make it worth my while, Mario frachise sounds like its going to the crapper with Shigsys new "make them shorter and aimed at younger audiences" rubbish. Zeldas looking a bit stale, granted the franchise needed some changes, but was it really necessary to make Link look like a retarded rugrat, Jet Set Radio was a damn good example of Cell shading but the thing about that was it didn't look like a kiddy program.

So what games are gonna be really good on the GC? I mean exclusive games that aren't aimed at kids, not saying I mind playing cartoony games, I just want them to have a good challenge like Banjo or MArio 64.

So go on convince me.
Fri 28/12/01 at 00:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, what do you want me to say? Get a GC they're great?

If you don't like the games then fair enough... don't buy one... it's not everyone's cup-of-tea, and there's no point me trying to make you buy the console.

Personally I will probably get a GC... but if I had the money I'd definately get an Xbox... it clearly has some of the best launch games ever... Halo multiplayer is meant to be better than Goldeneye!!!!

Sonic
Fri 28/12/01 at 08:35
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
just get what you think, look at star wars , ace game, ace to look with super speeds , super monkey ball , meant to be the best out the jap launch titles , why ??? it's original , multiplayer madness , with loads of added extras , and it's FUN ! So if your looking for a fun console which will grant you with tons of multiplayer fun get the gamecube. If you want a more serious approach to gaming the go for the Xbox, the games are still fun , but theres gonna be more pc ports , so it will have the likes of max payne and co. on board. and there will be lots of great multiplayer on that aswell because of the four controller ports. So basically both consoles offer the same when yuo think about it ,

gamecube gives you the more "kiddy titles" with fun games , multiplayer , and the entire resident evil licence of games , and some more adult games. also it wont have the pc ports , but ninty have the RARE classics from both ninty and Rare.

Xbox gives you mainly more grown up titles, and the pc ports , the multiplayer and probably a few kiddy titles will make their way to the console , like Shrek did in the US launch.

So when you think about the games on both consoles are basically the same. some adult , some kiddy . So people who think the GC is kiddy , then think again , coz alot is coming from this little box of joy , and vice versa for xbox , anyone who thinks xbox is "adult" also think again , because kiddy games have already made their way to the console such as :
loons the fight for fame
shrek and more , go on www.xbox.com , and look at them.
Fri 28/12/01 at 09:28
Regular
When the launch dates get nearer we will get to see more new games for the X Box and GC. These and the other games will help you decide what to buy.

Also there will be the matter of price, the GC will be anything from £150 - £250 at launch whereas the X Box will be £300.

The X Box has better tech specs which make better graphics (but the GC isn't meant to be that far behind).

If you want to get the console when it comes out you will probably be getting the X Box on March 14th. Everyone is unsure on the release of the GC.
Fri 28/12/01 at 11:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If you're posting this in a Nintendo forum, then you're obviously a Ninty! So your obvious choice would be to get the GameCube, not the X-box. You're looking for advice from fellow Nintendo fans here, and the only answer you'll get is GameCube! If you want more variety then ask in the Future Of Gaming Chat. There'l be mixed opinions there, some may even say stick with your SNES or PS2!!
Fri 28/12/01 at 11:54
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
err... get GameCube coz Xbox is big and crashes a lot... and it's best game iz workin out your tax return formz...

GC kiks butt coz Nintendo make it and it rox. It iz also purple and not boring black...

But seriously, it all depends on the type of games you want. If you love those Ninty classics, and trust that they will make the games you'll love, then GameCube is for you. Xbox will also have a lot of decent exclusive games, but many will likely be PC ports. If you have a high spec PC then you may be better off with GC simply because many of the Xbox's 'exclusive' games will be exclusive to the Xbox as far as consoles go, but they'll also be out on PC. Nintys exclusive games will be only for GameCube, so you can't play them unless you get one. Nintendo's 'short and sweet' policy cannot really be judged at this stage. We don't know if it is a temporary measure to ensure that the GC doesn't suffer a N64 style games drought, or if it is a policy for the whole lifespan of GC. Also, many third parties have GC titles in the works, but they have not yet released details. We will know much more by the GC and Xbox launch in Spring. However, I know I want a GC because I love Nintendo games, and I love Rare games. Ninty and Rare games have been some of the best I have ever played. Also, Sega games are awesome (you gotta love the Sonic series!), and GC is liked by Sega (well, Sonic Team at least) so it is likely to get more (Sonic Team) titles, or they are likely to be on GC first.
Fri 28/12/01 at 11:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
And why have an X-box when you've got a PC??? There'll probably be a future way of playing X-box games on the PC anyway!! They are both Microsoft machines, and no machine can be invinsible from a chip, not even the fantastic GameCube!! But only wierd people would get a Ninty console chipped!!
Sun 30/12/01 at 13:15
Wait until both machines are out, play on as many games as possible, in shops and round mates, and then decide on what games you enjoyed most, and buy the machine with them games on, thats what im doing. At the moment, xbox and gc are at that stage where nothing great will happen untill xmas 2002, a bit like how the ps2 was a bit rubbish for about a year. But for my money gamecube will have the better, long term, more interesting games in the end.
Sun 30/12/01 at 19:04
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Has everyone forgot about Residente Evil!?They are the greatest games ever, and the're exclsie the Gamecube. And the graphics? well,let's just say real-life will look very dull after a couple of minutes on RE

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.