GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Crossing Decisions... advice please."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Mon 10/03/03 at 10:40
Regular
Ok.

I bought a house, paid off the debt, upgraded it, paid off the debt again and now I'm wondering how to upgrade it next...

I'm not the first in the village to get the second upgrade - both my brothers have beaten me to it. It turns out you get a choice.
One is a bigger room, the other is a basement.

At the moment, Basement sounds the best.
You get a HUGE amount of storage space and the debt is small so you get to expand your house pretty quickly.
But compare the small Basement fee to the one if you go for the larger room first...

I know you get the bigger room anyway, whether you choose it before or after the basement, but if you choose the larger room first, perhaps you get an option that's BETTER than the basement (it would explain why you have to pay so much more...)

So what I'd like to know is, what's so special about the bigger room upgrade that makes it so much more expensive.
What would I be missing out on if I chose the basement?
Mon 10/03/03 at 15:51
Regular
You still get both, you're just picking which one you want first.

Take the basement, the debt is very low.
Mon 10/03/03 at 15:22
Regular
Yeah, although I'd like to know what I'm miss out on...

I'll check some sort of walkthrough.
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:49
Regular
Haven't got a clue, I got bored by the time I had the basement installed and sold the game.

The basement's damn useful for storing all your crap in though so you'd be best off going for that.
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:32
Regular
But if you choose the larger room first, do you still get the basement afterwards, or do you get something better?
Mon 10/03/03 at 10:44
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
The special thing about the bigger room is that it adds/allows you to add to your HRA score - the basement doesnt count towards your HRA, so you can just dump all your junk there so you can make your room look nice for a decent HRA score.
Mon 10/03/03 at 10:40
Regular
Ok.

I bought a house, paid off the debt, upgraded it, paid off the debt again and now I'm wondering how to upgrade it next...

I'm not the first in the village to get the second upgrade - both my brothers have beaten me to it. It turns out you get a choice.
One is a bigger room, the other is a basement.

At the moment, Basement sounds the best.
You get a HUGE amount of storage space and the debt is small so you get to expand your house pretty quickly.
But compare the small Basement fee to the one if you go for the larger room first...

I know you get the bigger room anyway, whether you choose it before or after the basement, but if you choose the larger room first, perhaps you get an option that's BETTER than the basement (it would explain why you have to pay so much more...)

So what I'd like to know is, what's so special about the bigger room upgrade that makes it so much more expensive.
What would I be missing out on if I chose the basement?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.