GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA - Torture Device?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/12/01 at 23:45
Regular
From the Upwire:

"The deal with the Nippon Broadcasting Corporation means that Game Boy Advance owners will be able to connect their consoles to the internet and interact with specially televised trivia questions. Tot up the answers at the end and you could be in for big prizes, without even getting up out of your seat."

Interesting, but I think a lot of us know what kind of gameshows the Japanese REALLY like, ever heard of Endurance? A show where contestants battle against each other to undergo various tortures for as long as possible.

So we could see GBA screens giving the options of:

A) 50 volts?
B) 250 volts?
C) 500 volts?
D) 10,000 volts?

whilst one of the victims lies in a bathtub on screen.

With all of the GBA's processing power you'd think the Japanese would use it for something more worthwhile, electoral voting for example? Census taking? Home shopping? Market research? If NBC could only look a little further ahead than pure entertainment value the world would possibly be a better place.
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Voltage has little to do with electrocution. Your average static spark contains about 10,000 volts. You need to look at how many amperes it's delivering. I think about 0.3 is lethal.
Mon 31/12/01 at 13:06
Regular
"the burning sky"
lol at your thumbs (12)
Mon 31/12/01 at 13:05
Regular
"the burning sky"
lol (12)
Fri 28/12/01 at 17:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Words of Wisdom from the loyal Nintendo fan FM...
Fri 28/12/01 at 10:42
Regular
"¬_¬"
My advice is to never play GBA for too long. Seriously, my thumbs ache from Christmas when I played Breath of Fire for about 3 hours non-stop.
Fri 28/12/01 at 10:23
Regular
"DS..."
The game wrote:

I aim so low, that i'm never disappointed!

in that case but a ps2 if you have'nt already and live up to your phlosiphy!
I on the other hand live buy the phrase "It's the nintendo difference!" so I will be buying a Gamecube anyway, enough of my *cough* unbiased *cough* views!...
slik ~_~
Thu 27/12/01 at 23:53
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
People don't look that far... and plus, not everybody likes gaming... there could also be dodgy number counts and doubts about voter authenticity.

I don't like the GBA much... if it had a backlight, i'd have one... but I couldn't even see the thing!

Still, I have my trusty Table Soccer game on my Sony Z7... and who needs great games when you have lacklustre mobile phone gaames?! Not me... I aim so low, that i'm never disappointed!
Thu 27/12/01 at 23:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
From the Upwire:

"The deal with the Nippon Broadcasting Corporation means that Game Boy Advance owners will be able to connect their consoles to the internet and interact with specially televised trivia questions. Tot up the answers at the end and you could be in for big prizes, without even getting up out of your seat."

Interesting, but I think a lot of us know what kind of gameshows the Japanese REALLY like, ever heard of Endurance? A show where contestants battle against each other to undergo various tortures for as long as possible.

So we could see GBA screens giving the options of:

A) 50 volts?
B) 250 volts?
C) 500 volts?
D) 10,000 volts?

whilst one of the victims lies in a bathtub on screen.

With all of the GBA's processing power you'd think the Japanese would use it for something more worthwhile, electoral voting for example? Census taking? Home shopping? Market research? If NBC could only look a little further ahead than pure entertainment value the world would possibly be a better place.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.