GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Homefront Game Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Homefront'.
Wed 07/12/11 at 19:33
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Homefront what can I say This was a Fun game I was Surprised at how well thought up the storyline was.People have been complaining about the,small multi-player maps and how the game seems very Un-realistic.Although the maps may be slightly small the campaign mode is Excellent in my opinion.The whole fact that it is set in the year 2027 when the Korean occupation has taken over and are treating Innocent civilians like they are nobody's.

The Story starts off by your character "Robert Jacobs" being captured by the Koreans in his home and taken on a bus to a camp.On the way to the camp you see all the innocent Men,women and children being killed and captured on the streets.After you have been scanned by the Sentry and turn a corner,a truck Crashes into the bus killing the driver.The story then continues on With You "Riannna" &"Connor"who are with the resistance,fighting the Koreans.A little later in the game you meet "Hopper" who is the tech geek of the resistance who hacked into a remote controlled targeting vehicle called "Goliath" which you now control.The surprising part of this game for me was that Hilary Clinton was the first political person you see.I like the storyline because its something that I think could possibly happen.
The game I think has some pretty good graphics there are some minor/major glitches whatever you think that allow you to exit the map and roam freely but overall its a good game.For anyone that has played Call Of Duty will feel familiar with the controls.Mostly through the game you are accompanied by at least 2 others but during the last chapter
Show Spoiler
.There is a LOT of violence throughout but it makes even more horrifying and pushes you on to the end.

There are some difficult levels but if you are an experienced gamer you will find it easy.Overall I would rate this game a 4/5 for its superb graphics and all put good game play but there is those sneaky little glitches which make it a little less fun.The ending of the game is a big surprise which some people may find saddening but I will let you find that out for yourself.I highly recommend this game for "gun game" fanatics.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 07/12/11 at 19:33
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Homefront what can I say This was a Fun game I was Surprised at how well thought up the storyline was.People have been complaining about the,small multi-player maps and how the game seems very Un-realistic.Although the maps may be slightly small the campaign mode is Excellent in my opinion.The whole fact that it is set in the year 2027 when the Korean occupation has taken over and are treating Innocent civilians like they are nobody's.

The Story starts off by your character "Robert Jacobs" being captured by the Koreans in his home and taken on a bus to a camp.On the way to the camp you see all the innocent Men,women and children being killed and captured on the streets.After you have been scanned by the Sentry and turn a corner,a truck Crashes into the bus killing the driver.The story then continues on With You "Riannna" &"Connor"who are with the resistance,fighting the Koreans.A little later in the game you meet "Hopper" who is the tech geek of the resistance who hacked into a remote controlled targeting vehicle called "Goliath" which you now control.The surprising part of this game for me was that Hilary Clinton was the first political person you see.I like the storyline because its something that I think could possibly happen.
The game I think has some pretty good graphics there are some minor/major glitches whatever you think that allow you to exit the map and roam freely but overall its a good game.For anyone that has played Call Of Duty will feel familiar with the controls.Mostly through the game you are accompanied by at least 2 others but during the last chapter
Show Spoiler
.There is a LOT of violence throughout but it makes even more horrifying and pushes you on to the end.

There are some difficult levels but if you are an experienced gamer you will find it easy.Overall I would rate this game a 4/5 for its superb graphics and all put good game play but there is those sneaky little glitches which make it a little less fun.The ending of the game is a big surprise which some people may find saddening but I will let you find that out for yourself.I highly recommend this game for "gun game" fanatics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.