GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Review That WON ME GAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/12/01 at 20:07
Regular
Yep i won GAD for my review of Devil May Cry, here it is...
BTW i picked Metal Gear Solid 2 as my choice

You would never think that capcom (makers of the resident evil series) would make a game that mixes the haunted atmosphere of the resi games and adds new elements into the gameplay aswell.

The story is really set at the beginning of time when the demons tried to take over earth in a BIG battle with the humans. The humans had no chance and that was until Dantes farther called Sparda helped the humans win and that is why we are here now.

The demons are planning another attack and this time Dante is the person on the side of the humans and you have to help the humans beat the demons and keep the world in peace.

You play as Dante, a half demon half human who has been told to go to an island in the middle of no where and destroy the devil himself.

What is Dante up against in order to get to the devil himself? well there are two main types of enemy that attack when you least expect it.
The marionettes are skeletons in clothes who can be killed easily as long as you watch out for the sharp blades that they throw.
The second type of enemy are sin scissors which are flying ghosts which fly out of paintings and walls and they try and kill you with what looks like a big pair of hedge trimmers.

Unlike the Resident evil games Devil May Cry is put into missions which makes you want to go back and do your favourite levels again once you have completed the game.There is 23 missions in total plus the and many different difficulty settings to do it on.
Easy mode is accessed after doing the first two levels and you get to choose whether to stay on Normal mode or go and play on easy mode.
once you complete the game you get the choice to play the game again but on hard mode, and once you have completed hard mode you have the impossible task of trying to complete the game on "Dante must die" mode.

Dante has a wide variety of weaponary with him having his trusty twin handguns as well as a sword his father left him, but as you go along and do the missions more guns become available like the shotgun.
When you kill a Marionette or any bad guy it leaves a red orb which once you get a certain amount you will be able to trade them in for better moves and extra lives.
Green orbs power your life up if you are low on energy.

When you kill enemys you get a rating of how well you killed them going from worst to best there is:
DULL-COOL-BRAVO and ABSOLUTE.

This game has taking me by surprise the way it mixes breath taking graphics with spine tingling music make this game a classic.
If you have a PS2 and want a good game get this game now!!!!!!!!!
thanks for reading
KR
Mon 04/03/02 at 08:24
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
the review i posted last week hasn't been registered.
neither has my walkthrough.
Sun 03/03/02 at 20:23
Regular
because i POPped it for badgerman
Sun 03/03/02 at 17:46
Regular
"That's right!"
Why is this thread still alive?

Why, oh why?
Sun 03/03/02 at 17:44
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Good for him :D
Sun 03/03/02 at 17:38
Regular
I know someone just like u who bourght SOE last week and is getting MGS2 on friday, i said he should get ff6 and he laughed.
Sun 03/03/02 at 17:36
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Never liked final fantasy, never will.

"OUCH!!" Why did you kick me?
Sun 03/03/02 at 17:34
Regular
If u have a spare £10 get ff6.
Sun 03/03/02 at 17:29
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I bought SOE today, I have one phrase....

"Fuh Kin Suh Pah" (copyright mystique).

This game is GREAT!! And I'll get MGS2 on Firday, I can tell I'm going to like this week.
Sun 03/03/02 at 16:54
Regular
BAH SR wouldnt have known if you didnt say any thing
Sun 03/03/02 at 16:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I told some people that you wouldn't be allowed State of Emergency, but did they listen?

No.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.