GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"iPod nano (1st generation) FREE Replacement Program"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/11/11 at 09:35
"Are you sure?"
Dig out your old iPod nano to get a free replacement - as far as I can tell this will be for a current nano model.

Apple's nano replacement info

"Apple has determined that, in very rare cases, the battery in the iPod nano (1st generation) may overheat and pose a safety risk. Affected iPod nanos were sold between September 2005 and December 2006.

This issue has been traced to a single battery supplier that produced batteries with a manufacturing defect. While the possibility of an incident is rare, the likelihood increases as the battery ages.

Apple recommends that you stop using your iPod nano (1st gen) and follow the process noted below to order a replacement unit, free of charge.

Note: This battery issue is specific to the iPod nano (1st gen) and does not affect any other iPod.
"

I felt like a spammer saying Free iPod ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/11/11 at 14:20
"possibly impossible"
It's fine, you can stick to your Sony Walkman cassette player and just replace the AA batteries. :)
Wed 16/11/11 at 14:13
"Are you sure?"
You would think Apple could just send a replacement battery for customers to pop in.... oh, wait a minute...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/11/11 at 14:04
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Free replacement for a possibly defective product??? Is there no end to Apple's evil?
Wed 16/11/11 at 13:48
"possibly impossible"
Hmmm... wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]Only really useful if you have an old broken Nano or can find one cheap. Will be replaced with another reconditioned 1st gen iPod Nano rather than a new one.

-----------------------------------------------

There's no pleasing some people! :¬P

According to the Guardianmake your own minds up! they say:
"Owners of the first-generation iPod nano will be able to get them replaced for free with a current model."

pb - in the situations you suggested you forgot to mention - 'or if you or your family have one of the affected models' - always good to avoid an overheating battery which Apple are saying gets worse with age! *FIRE*

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT
Apple have been rather vague about what 'unit' you will get back!
Mashable article - the final outcome looks like it will be a 1st generation.

Perhaps they are waiting to see what the demand is before they know how they are going to meet it![/i]

Yeah, ok, point taken!

I did think that after I posted, but then didn't change it. There were several comments from sites saying they confirmed with Apple that the replacements were like-for-like.
Wed 16/11/11 at 11:06
"Are you sure?"
pb wrote:
Only really useful if you have an old broken Nano or can find one cheap. Will be replaced with another reconditioned 1st gen iPod Nano rather than a new one.
-----------------------------------------------

There's no pleasing some people! :¬P

According to the Guardianmake your own minds up! they say:
"Owners of the first-generation iPod nano will be able to get them replaced for free with a current model."

pb - in the situations you suggested you forgot to mention - 'or if you or your family have one of the affected models' - always good to avoid an overheating battery which Apple are saying gets worse with age! *FIRE*

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT
Apple have been rather vague about what 'unit' you will get back!
Mashable article - the final outcome looks like it will be a 1st generation.

Perhaps they are waiting to see what the demand is before they know how they are going to meet it!
Wed 16/11/11 at 10:59
Regular
"And in last place.."
pb wrote:
Only really useful if you have an old broken Nano or can find one cheap. Will be replaced with another reconditioned 1st gen iPod Nano rather than a new one.

Not really. Mine is in full working order but it is an right battered state and the battery life is poor compared to how it was when I first got it. Seems a worthwhile swap to me.
Wed 16/11/11 at 10:42
"possibly impossible"
Wed 16/11/11 at 09:53
Regular
"And in last place.."
Thanks, will certainly make use of this.
Wed 16/11/11 at 09:35
"Are you sure?"
Dig out your old iPod nano to get a free replacement - as far as I can tell this will be for a current nano model.

Apple's nano replacement info

"Apple has determined that, in very rare cases, the battery in the iPod nano (1st generation) may overheat and pose a safety risk. Affected iPod nanos were sold between September 2005 and December 2006.

This issue has been traced to a single battery supplier that produced batteries with a manufacturing defect. While the possibility of an incident is rare, the likelihood increases as the battery ages.

Apple recommends that you stop using your iPod nano (1st gen) and follow the process noted below to order a replacement unit, free of charge.

Note: This battery issue is specific to the iPod nano (1st gen) and does not affect any other iPod.
"

I felt like a spammer saying Free iPod ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.