GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Domain Names renewal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/11/11 at 09:38
Regular
I have looked on the freeola website and cannot find anywhere information on how much it costs to renew a domain name after the initial period has expired. To me this is an indication that after your initial purchase you may think that your renewal will be around the same price as the initial purchase when in reality Freeola or any other domain name provider can charge whatever they want knowing that if you want to keep that name you have to pay up.

Does anyone know how long a domain name provider keeps hold of an expired domain name before it is released again?
Sat 12/11/11 at 11:55
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
I see what you mean, it's still showing the higher charge and lower usage allowance. I'll let our marketing team know so that it can be updated.

Edit: All up to date now.
Sat 12/11/11 at 11:29
"Are you sure?"
Hi dean5,

Looking at that price list it looks like your Broadband allowances/charges need updating :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 12/11/11 at 10:00
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Hi Horne65,

There is a link to Freeola's full price list at the bottom of pages on the GetDotted.com and main Freeola.com site.

Price List

If you follow the link above, you will be able to see the renewal charges for each domain name type.

Once a domain name has expired, it returns to the open market within 50-90 days. As an alternative to allowing the domain name to expire and registering it again, you also have the option of transferring the domain name to a different registrar for a small admin charge of £10 plus VAT.
Sat 12/11/11 at 09:38
Regular
I have looked on the freeola website and cannot find anywhere information on how much it costs to renew a domain name after the initial period has expired. To me this is an indication that after your initial purchase you may think that your renewal will be around the same price as the initial purchase when in reality Freeola or any other domain name provider can charge whatever they want knowing that if you want to keep that name you have to pay up.

Does anyone know how long a domain name provider keeps hold of an expired domain name before it is released again?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.