GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FREEOLA ADSL - status line?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/07/06 at 10:31
"Are you sure?"
Morning,
I had some problems getting a connection via Freeola ADSL this morning (very rare!).

My router connected successfully, so it didn't look like a phone line or exchange problem, more like a problem at Freeola's end.

I tried phoning Customer Services 0871 210 9977 to see if there was an on-going problem.

I didn't hear a 'current network status' option in the automated menu, so chose the Broadband option, but I wasn't presented with a status option there either. I didn't want to hold on for a 'human', as if there is a real problem I know this can take a while to get through (at 10p pm...).

As you can see I'm now on - the status page doesn't show any earlier problems, so perhaps it wasn't at Freeola's end?

The reason for this post is to ask Freeola to clarify the number I should be ringing and menu options to select to hear the current network status.

Thanks in advance.
Mon 17/07/06 at 10:42
Regular
"incognito"
We will look into it for you, it is fairly easy to do so it should be up soon. Thanks for the suggestion.
Mon 17/07/06 at 09:47
"Are you sure?"
Hi thanks for clearing that up.

As your phone system seems quite flexible, can I suggest you add an option for a "current network status" ?

Obviously most of the time this would take callers to the same recorded message "No problems, etc." and would only need changing when there is a problem.

This may save some confusion.
Mon 17/07/06 at 09:03
Regular
"incognito"
There is not a status message on our phone system unless there actually is a problem, in which case it is one of the first things you hear when phoning.

As far as broadband faults go, major internal network faults effecting all our customers are rare and it is likely to be a local line or exchange issue in most instances.
Sat 15/07/06 at 11:12
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I hate companies and automated phone services. You never know what damn options to choose, and you know if it was a human you could just ask your question and they'd be able to find out for you...

Automated services suck. Grrr.
Sat 15/07/06 at 10:31
"Are you sure?"
Morning,
I had some problems getting a connection via Freeola ADSL this morning (very rare!).

My router connected successfully, so it didn't look like a phone line or exchange problem, more like a problem at Freeola's end.

I tried phoning Customer Services 0871 210 9977 to see if there was an on-going problem.

I didn't hear a 'current network status' option in the automated menu, so chose the Broadband option, but I wasn't presented with a status option there either. I didn't want to hold on for a 'human', as if there is a real problem I know this can take a while to get through (at 10p pm...).

As you can see I'm now on - the status page doesn't show any earlier problems, so perhaps it wasn't at Freeola's end?

The reason for this post is to ask Freeola to clarify the number I should be ringing and menu options to select to hear the current network status.

Thanks in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.