GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Climbing out of the sink"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/12/01 at 19:15
Regular
Ouch! Christmas day can be great, but it's also pretty exhausting. I've slaved over a huge turkey and meddled with the laws of roasting potatoes, plus arranged the seating arrangements of 4 more family members in my house and kept them all amused while providing endless drinks and table food to keep them going. Did I get any gaming out of my time off of work? Did I heck!

Pre-Christmas time had been spent frantically looking around shops for those last few presents, occasionally stopping for a breather in the games shop while no one was looking. Buying dinner was a nightmare of mixing and matching food and making sure everyone had what they liked. Once it came to the day in question, the whole time was spent entertaining, while the TV remained on in the background and the games gathered dust in the corner.

Once the morning broke after an eventful Christmas Day, a pile of washing up and wrappers awaited me downstairs, ready for me to get stuck in to. The Boxing Day sales were a dim and distant realisation and my tokens would have to wait for another day. Still, I thought, I might yet get a game or two in before bed. Hm, no such luck there. It's back off to work tomorrow morning and I'll have another crack at getting on the PS2 at the weekend. I didn't even get on the internet...
Fri 28/12/01 at 14:01
Sink.
Thu 27/12/01 at 22:02
Regular
"¬_¬"
Part of the reason no one was on was cos the site was messed and wouldn't go properly. Grrrrrr. :)
Thu 27/12/01 at 21:29
Regular
Hardly anyone's been on at all, unsuprisingly. Damnit, when the hell ARE the forums going to reach the peak then? :0)
Wed 26/12/01 at 19:15
"possibly impossible"
Ouch! Christmas day can be great, but it's also pretty exhausting. I've slaved over a huge turkey and meddled with the laws of roasting potatoes, plus arranged the seating arrangements of 4 more family members in my house and kept them all amused while providing endless drinks and table food to keep them going. Did I get any gaming out of my time off of work? Did I heck!

Pre-Christmas time had been spent frantically looking around shops for those last few presents, occasionally stopping for a breather in the games shop while no one was looking. Buying dinner was a nightmare of mixing and matching food and making sure everyone had what they liked. Once it came to the day in question, the whole time was spent entertaining, while the TV remained on in the background and the games gathered dust in the corner.

Once the morning broke after an eventful Christmas Day, a pile of washing up and wrappers awaited me downstairs, ready for me to get stuck in to. The Boxing Day sales were a dim and distant realisation and my tokens would have to wait for another day. Still, I thought, I might yet get a game or two in before bed. Hm, no such luck there. It's back off to work tomorrow morning and I'll have another crack at getting on the PS2 at the weekend. I didn't even get on the internet...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.