GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Broadband - Xbox Live performance"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto IV'.
Fri 11/11/11 at 15:46
can anyone tell me what freeola is like for xbox live mw3 blackops what are the ping times and jitter any packet loss cheers!
Fri 11/11/11 at 20:49
Regular
"I like turtles"
I play both COD Black Ops and MW3 (both very badly!) on a Freeola connection on XBL. It seems to work very well, not experienced any issues on either game. It's fast and lag free and I would definitely recommend it. I do not seem to suffer issues that I constantly hear other guys on XBL complaining about. Sorry I can't be more technical but hope this helps.
Fri 11/11/11 at 19:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
THE SPEClALIST wrote:
can anyone tell me what freeola is like for xbox live mw3 blackops what are the ping times and jitter any packet loss cheers!

MW3 BlackOps isn't a game yet, is it?

Do you mean CoD:BOps?

Anyway, Freeola connection rocks whatever you're playing :¬)
Fri 11/11/11 at 16:55
"Are you sure?"
Hello again,
Just so you know, a few people did respond to your query the other day in the old PS3 thread :¬)

I've pasted my previous response below in case it helps:

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I'm not a gamer, I posted this while helping my son with his PS3 - but I'm sure plenty of the Freeola ADSL 'gaming' customers will be able to advise...

I guess a lot will depend on the health of your line - whether it's good enough to allow you to run in Fast Path etc. which would improve your gaming experience.

My line is fairly long (50db attenuation) and often quite noisy (but is going though a particularly good period!) and it must be good on Freeola as I hardly ever see my son once his PS3 is on! (even though I have to run interleaved)

Let me know if you would like an address ping'd :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT:
What I do know is that some of our neighbours that I haven't managed to switch to Freeola have a terrible time in the evenings when playing games! Some of the inferior providers are swamped during the evenings so their ADSL really suffers.
Fri 11/11/11 at 16:42
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hi THE SPEClALIST,

Freeola connections on general have fairly low latency, however in most cases latency is determined by your telephone line's characteristics.

Given that your line is of good quality, I would foresee no problems with online gaming.

Should you encounter any problems, fire a ticket over to the Support guys for some more specific assistance.

P.S I've cleaned your message up so it's easier for others to find it. It's always handy to open up a new thread about a new topic, otherwise your question may go unnoticed :).
Fri 11/11/11 at 15:46
Regular

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.