GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAD Prize 3 Question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/12/01 at 15:16
Regular
What I want to know is this - Do SR care if you copy and paste cheats/hints? I ask because some of Talkie Toasters hints look copied. I'm not trying to get him in trouble or anything. It's just that, when I post hints, I type them out. If copy + pasting is allowed then I won't waste my time tapping away at a keyboard.

That is all.
Fri 28/12/01 at 13:56
I don't like cheats and hints anyway.
Thu 27/12/01 at 18:07
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
AfroJoe wrote:
> I never go for cheats anymore. I think it is easier to go for hints as you type
> the whole thing out in one box. Not 4.

That's how I started my submitted hints. And yes...it is far better than the cheat section. But I think so for a different reason.
Thu 27/12/01 at 18:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I never go for cheats anymore. I think it is easier to go for hints as you type the whole thing out in one box. Not 4.
Thu 27/12/01 at 18:00
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> ßër§ëkër wrote:
> All I know is that I put in
> almost 30 cheats

I had a similar thing happening, but maybe it's not there becasue they were allready submitted.
Thu 27/12/01 at 17:58
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
I think it's very disrespectful, trying to copy and paste hints, cheats, or anything on the GAD site. Look at my stats; I recently won another wonderful GAD prize by submitting hints. Please don't take me the wrong way by me saying all of this, because boasting/showing off is one thing I hate. I am only saying this to show you that you don't have to go crazy to win a GAD prize on the hints or cheats page. Just make sure they are unique...make sure they are yours. What I do is this:

I play the games, (I obviously can't afford to have all the game's I make reviews or hints on, so I play them at a local games shop). Then I would take down notes of areas I have finished, and how I completed my objectives. I would hurry home to submit my work. Now before submitting, I would check some major sites to see if they have similar hits to my own. Luckily they don't, so my Jak & Daxter hints won a GAD prize.

Anyway...I hope this helps GAD members.
Thu 27/12/01 at 13:18
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
ßër§ëkër wrote:
> All I know is that I put in almost 30 cheats the about three days ago and they
> still haven't been posted and I'm mad about that. It took me a long time to put
> those in.

Give them a chace... It is Christmas! :)
Thu 27/12/01 at 10:11
Regular
"Wasting away"
Mystique wrote:
this question has nothing to do with prize 3
its about entering cheats

That just shows how much you know. Think before you type, if that is possible.

oh and its so nice to see that you are so open about being gay(tagline)

oh and its so nice to see that you are unable to use punctuation.
Thu 27/12/01 at 07:20
Regular
""
Don't worry ignore Mystique. It is about about prize 3 because you win by posting Hints and Cheats. Anyway he has copied some but they're on days that he hasn't won. There is a couple on days he's won but the staff members perhaps didn't realise. It is in the rules no copying from any other site or any other person. (And personally I reckon that some of his are bull!) =B0) - Hah Mystique it's an E-SMILEE!!!!!
Thu 27/12/01 at 06:49
All I know is that I put in almost 30 cheats the about three days ago and they still haven't been posted and I'm mad about that. It took me a long time to put those in.
Wed 26/12/01 at 18:17
Regular
this question has nothing to do with prize 3
its about entering cheats

oh and its so nice to see that you are so open about being gay(tagline)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.