GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Want your classic pc games back?-Abandonware"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/12/01 at 21:06
Regular
remember a classic game that you no longer have....want it back?

Well i was searching the net a few months ago and found a load of "abandonware" games. These are games which have ben out of production for more than 3 or 5 years and can therefore be download. This provides loads of old classic games which you can no longer buy and i am reliably informed that downloading them is legal although posting them is currently legal but being reviewed.

Either search for them under abandonware on a search engine or the best one i found was www.theunderdogs.org/ which is definitely worth a look. They have thousands of classic games in alphabetical order and classic games which you thought lost can be recovered.
Wed 26/12/01 at 10:38
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Cool - thanks for the site address. This looks like a site I'll be on a lot today. Great, Theme Park's on there, I'm going to start downloading that now. Wow, it's only 4.4MB! Aside from games, ther are also Game Creation Kits, which I'm checking out now. I'm expecting it to be a rather lame construction kit, as it's very difficult to find a good one...and it's only...damn the link is broken. It got a 91% rating as well. Oh well, I'll be content with the classics. I think this site has some emulated games, because some of these I only remember being on the Amiga.
Wed 26/12/01 at 10:19
Regular
My personal recommendations are Pirates a classic adventure game and On The Ball possibly better than champo (but you need to do some serious updating which is easy to do on the editor)

Post more recommendations of classic games please!
Tue 25/12/01 at 22:37
Regular
this site rocks
it has indiana jones and the fate of atlantis amongst many other indiana jones games

this site rocks

it has theme park

again
this site rocks

ho yeah
Tue 25/12/01 at 22:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Betrayal at Krondor (massive, and I mean MASSIVE, RPG) is on there. I used to run it on a 486SX 33MHz, and it still runs on my current computer.

If you've ever read Raymond E. Feist, download this game and get to see what Midkemia really looks like.

If you like beardy statto type RPGs this one has it all. (You even have to sharpen your swords using a whet stone which loses durability, it's THAT statty).
Tue 25/12/01 at 21:14
Yeah, abondonware sites are nice, shame todays pc's are way to powerful for a lot of them, really spoils games like themepark.
Tue 25/12/01 at 21:06
Regular
remember a classic game that you no longer have....want it back?

Well i was searching the net a few months ago and found a load of "abandonware" games. These are games which have ben out of production for more than 3 or 5 years and can therefore be download. This provides loads of old classic games which you can no longer buy and i am reliably informed that downloading them is legal although posting them is currently legal but being reviewed.

Either search for them under abandonware on a search engine or the best one i found was www.theunderdogs.org/ which is definitely worth a look. They have thousands of classic games in alphabetical order and classic games which you thought lost can be recovered.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.