GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GamesCentral Rant"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/03 at 22:58
Regular
After Digi's sad death last week, I turned to p175 on Teletext with intrepidation to see it's sucsessor: GamesCentral.

It just isn't the same. Reviews are shorter, the lack of good humour is greatly missed as are the characters and the charts and tips pages have gone.

It's feature page "Games Watch" also is shorter with just one review a day. And the other page is a 3 page preview of Panzer Dragoon.

They spend most of their opening speech rambling on about how they will be greater than Digi and how it's characters have gone. We have noticed. All too well, in fact. Then, their first ever letter printed - in a, yes you've guessed it - *shorter* letters page is a rant about Digi.

I refuse to accept it, and I am definately not relying on that Sony fanboy David Gibbon on GameStation for my gaming news. Bring back Biffo.
Mon 10/03/03 at 22:58
Regular
"thursdayton!"
After Digi's sad death last week, I turned to p175 on Teletext with intrepidation to see it's sucsessor: GamesCentral.

It just isn't the same. Reviews are shorter, the lack of good humour is greatly missed as are the characters and the charts and tips pages have gone.

It's feature page "Games Watch" also is shorter with just one review a day. And the other page is a 3 page preview of Panzer Dragoon.

They spend most of their opening speech rambling on about how they will be greater than Digi and how it's characters have gone. We have noticed. All too well, in fact. Then, their first ever letter printed - in a, yes you've guessed it - *shorter* letters page is a rant about Digi.

I refuse to accept it, and I am definately not relying on that Sony fanboy David Gibbon on GameStation for my gaming news. Bring back Biffo.
Mon 10/03/03 at 23:27
Regular
"Uve Got 2 b The Bes"
Just looked and it is bog-standard and poor.

I use to like reading Digi's reviews and rpeviews but now its just standard rubbish you can read anywhere.

They will get letters by the bucketload saying how rubbish it is now. Don't think they'll put any of them on their pages though.
Mon 10/03/03 at 23:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im pretty sure its just an introduction, i dont think its actually running at full pelt yet, just a little insider into the way the new magazine will run.
Mon 10/03/03 at 23:57
Regular
Digi was crap and the new one is crap, stop complaining.
Mon 10/03/03 at 23:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Digi was crap and the new one is crap, stop complaining.

Digi was my daddy.
Tue 11/03/03 at 00:08
Regular
Consider yourself disowned.
Tue 11/03/03 at 08:33
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Digi was excellent. Now they have a cretin who promises us "better reviews". Well, unless there's some kind of humour in it, it'll resemble that games page on BBC teletext which is written by "The Gibbon". Alright they give you fairly good info about games but where are the reviews with the first page being irrelevant nonsense? The humour was excellent although it did grate in the last couple of years.

So, the first day of Gamescentral and some guy write named Ian Watson writes in saying "Digi was rubbish and they gave crap games decent marks like Medal of Honour and FIFA 2003".

As far as i can tell, Digi never lauded FIFA and Medal of Honour was given a decent review...in 2000/2001.

Anyone who wants to write in should e-mail [email protected] to either say what they want in this new section or to air their views...
Tue 11/03/03 at 12:16
Regular
"I'm Great."
How do I say this without sounding like some sort of fan boy? Digi was the best. Games central is just lacking in everything that ever made me get up and read so early in the morrning. They will have to go a long way to beat Digitiser. The attempt I saw this morrning was bellow par. The bit on what games would make great games was just poor. It lacked the flair of Digi's wit and off the wall humor. It just looked like it was trying to hard. There well another thing taken away from me.

Now if you don't mind I'm going to put three day old fish in Mr T's bin and help Tin man tighten his nuts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.