GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Onimusha info - two new games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/03 at 23:22
Regular
Firstly, for those of you with short attention spans/no interest in Onimusha/who clicked this topic by accident, the "newest" new game. Newest concept, you could say.

A fighting game - 4 player at once. Looks like more of a free for all being able to run all around the screen than being focused on one opponent as in Tekken, Soul Caliber, Dead or Alive etc. Which it would have to be, I suppose. Titled "Onimusha Buraiden", or something similar, which will probably be changed before the US and UK releases. From the shots it looks like lots of characters will be available, as you can see the two main characters from Onimusha 2 and two enemies from the series.

Secondly, Onimusha 3. Aside from the fact that actor Jean Reno's face is to be used for the 'co-star', there is one startling detail among the screens that alarms me. Now as we all know, these games are set in feudal Japan. Now imagine my surprise when one of the screens says "AD 2004, France", and features a yellow cab in the background. Imagine even more to my surprise when I found that in the SAME SHOTS were pictured Samanosuké Akechi, hero of the original game, who died in the afforementioned feudal Japanese times. Hmm. One to ponder. What i'm wondering is how the hell he's going to avoid arrest. Unless the French government are planning to drastically slacken sword-wielding laws and, more to the point, murder, sometime in 2003, then good old Sam will have a job on his hands. Because there are more of them. And they have guns.
Mon 10/03/03 at 23:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Firstly, for those of you with short attention spans/no interest in Onimusha/who clicked this topic by accident, the "newest" new game. Newest concept, you could say.

A fighting game - 4 player at once. Looks like more of a free for all being able to run all around the screen than being focused on one opponent as in Tekken, Soul Caliber, Dead or Alive etc. Which it would have to be, I suppose. Titled "Onimusha Buraiden", or something similar, which will probably be changed before the US and UK releases. From the shots it looks like lots of characters will be available, as you can see the two main characters from Onimusha 2 and two enemies from the series.

Secondly, Onimusha 3. Aside from the fact that actor Jean Reno's face is to be used for the 'co-star', there is one startling detail among the screens that alarms me. Now as we all know, these games are set in feudal Japan. Now imagine my surprise when one of the screens says "AD 2004, France", and features a yellow cab in the background. Imagine even more to my surprise when I found that in the SAME SHOTS were pictured Samanosuké Akechi, hero of the original game, who died in the afforementioned feudal Japanese times. Hmm. One to ponder. What i'm wondering is how the hell he's going to avoid arrest. Unless the French government are planning to drastically slacken sword-wielding laws and, more to the point, murder, sometime in 2003, then good old Sam will have a job on his hands. Because there are more of them. And they have guns.
Tue 11/03/03 at 20:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Ah. As expected.
Tue 11/03/03 at 21:42
"period drama"
Ooh, interesting.
Especially the beat-em-up idea. Could be good, could be tosh.
Those things rarely work.

And the orginal geezar's back?
REEEEEaaalllyyy
Wed 12/03/03 at 22:03
"Wa-wa-west"
It was pretty obvious that Samanosuke would be back, as he was in the trailer at the end of Onimusha 2 (well, same hair, armour and the bishamon sword, you didn't actually see his face).
As for the whole future thing, it could be real, but its more likely a test shot or a fake. Who knows?
Wed 12/03/03 at 22:07
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Both games sound very inventive and promising. I think the AD 2004 idea is quite clever, just hope Capcom make it work in a way people can adapt to.

Any release dates for the beat-em-up?
Thu 13/03/03 at 10:27
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Artemis Clod Frog wrote:
> It was pretty obvious that Samanosuke would be back, as he was in the
> trailer at the end of Onimusha 2 (well, same hair, armour and the
> bishamon sword, you didn't actually see his face).
> As for the whole future thing, it could be real, but its more likely a
> test shot or a fake. Who knows?

Nah, it's no fake. It even appears on the trailers in stunning graphical form. And the Jean Reno character has a machine gun.

And no word on a UK release yet.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:20
"Wa-wa-west"
Well, if the last 2 games are anything to go by, I'm all for it. Not sure how they'll make it work though. We'll just have to see..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.