GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fantastic news of old TV prog coming back..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/03/03 at 05:41
Regular
K, I haven't been to sleep yet, as I've been doing an alnighter on my disertation which needs to be handed in on Thursday. So excuse the madness...

Anyways, guess what?

Knightmare should be coming back. Read this :-

"
BROADCAST magazine - 21st February 2003

The maker of 1980s kids adventure show Knightmare is developing new software to bring the show back as a live interactive virtual reality dungeon adventure show, writes SAM ESPENSEN.

Devised by Televirtual's Tim Child, the original show pioneered blue-screen technology involving blindfolding a'dungeoneer' and sending him into a blue screen studio.The player would then 'walk' around a hand drawn cromakey dungeon.The new version will feature virtual reality and avatar (3d cloning) technology.

Mixed reality shows are costly, Child said, because they combine the most expensive elements - studios, real people and interactive computerised environments. So Child has been developing a RAP (realtime animated pipeline), a PC-based system that allows several characters to interact with each other and dispense with the need for a studio. Child is surprisingly not looking for a commission for the new Knightmare because he said, right issues surrounding the original meant that: 'it made 17 million quid and everyone got a big drink except us. I'm not saying if someone comes to me I won't do it.'

'We believe there's a worldwide market for this show, but everyone's waiting for everyone else to show them the way and we think the only way to slash through the Gordian Knot is to start putting together the system ourselves.'

Child added that steering clear of kids channels means he won't have 'characterised animation forced on us. Perhaps we won't be customising some of this content to the market we want to address, but we want to do something deep, dark, dirty and full of dangerous things.'
"

Woo woo!

Can't wait!

:)
Wed 12/03/03 at 16:46
Regular
I remember but 2 programs from the 80's, MASK, and Transformers.

*Hums Transformers theme and feebly attempts MASK theme*
*MASK ruled*
Wed 12/03/03 at 15:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I watched Sapce Vets and TinTin. They were great. I remember Knightmare - tis good news indeed :)
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:31
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I used to think it ruled, kinda doubt that I will watch as religously as I used to if it comes back though.

On similar news, I saw on of the old episodes on SKY the other day, no idea what channel it was all I know is that it was in the wee hours of the morning.
Wed 12/03/03 at 09:54
"For the horde!!!!"
idlewild wrote:
> Hate the damn thing - It's like re-living the boring parts of my
> childhood watching Channel 4 all over again...

just don't watch it then.

These are other programs that I loved when I was a kid:
-Thunder cats
-Masters of the universe
-Transformers
-Knightrider
-Buttonmoon
-Fragles
-Dinoriders
there were a few more but it was the 80's.

These days childrens programs are rubbis, not because i'm an adult but because they are rubbis.
-Tweenies
-Tellytubies
-beyblades

I know there is a lot more crap out there I just never watch it lol.
Wed 12/03/03 at 06:58
Regular
"Spunkeh Monkeh"
LL CóòL †† wrote:
> Fantasmagorical in every possible sense, on every possible level.
> That is the best news I've heard for a very long time.
>
> Ah, brilliant!

I believe it's spelt "Phantasmagorical".

:D

And Brookside is still on, to whoever made that comment :P
Tue 11/03/03 at 17:01
Regular
"DS..."
Knightmare, that show rocked, this is great news, can't wait to see it return to hopefullly TERESTERIAL tv's, if it go's to digital then i'll be p!ssed.

slik ~_~
Tue 11/03/03 at 16:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Knightmare was great.
Tue 11/03/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
*waves "Bring back Brookside" flag before been crushed by a herd of hungy Antelopes*
Tue 11/03/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Festivus!"
Hate the damn thing - It's like re-living the boring parts of my childhood watching Channel 4 all over again...
Tue 11/03/03 at 14:25
"For the horde!!!!"
will it be on normal Tv or will it be a cable only programme?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.