GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ftp with Webplus x4 problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/10/11 at 14:03
Regular
Having some real problems here accessing via ftp. I'm using WebPlus x4 to try to upload my site, and keep getting an error.
I've followed all the settings to the letter, but am still getting an error message.

Any ideas anyone?..

This is the message I get -

'An error occurred whilst trying to get the working directory from the ftp server'
Sun 30/10/11 at 14:51
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
frogonaleaf wrote:
Having some real problems here accessing via ftp. I'm using WebPlus x4 to try to upload my site, and keep getting an error.
I've followed all the settings to the letter, but am still getting an error message.

Any ideas anyone?..

'An error occurred whilst trying to get the working directory from the ftp server'

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not that familiar with the program you're using, but I've had a quick look in your account and see that you are using our Free hosting for your website.

Our free hosting is for our Internet customers (I.e those customers for whom we also provide internet access), so if someone else is providing your internet connection then this is going to be the cause of the problem. You'll need to use our VIP Hosting if this is the case.

If you are using one of our Pay as you go dial up connections or Broadband connections then it might be something else causing your problem.

If you're using Windows you could try using Windows Explorer to see if you can get an connection to the web server using the path below:

ftp://your ftp username:your [email protected]

Fill in your username and password in the appropriate places and see whether this allows you to connect
Sun 30/10/11 at 14:03
Regular

Any ideas anyone?..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.