GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Was shakespeare a fraud?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/10/11 at 02:02
Regular
"7 Deadly Sins"
I've created this thread because of anonymous, a movie thats been advertised on tv recently. Its got me thinking because this is the first time ive seen this question brought up. Is shakespeare really a fraud or is this movie a load of rubbish, im completely befuddled.
Sun 30/10/11 at 10:18
Regular
Nin wrote:
Sonic Chris wrote:
[i]The beauty of Shakespeare's works are that they are not written by a pompous educated man. To even suggest that he was a stooge used by somebody else for his name is an insult.

To suggest that a somewhat uneducated and married man with 3 children created such a massive, important and revolutionary body of work within the space of 22 years is ludicrous. The insult is asking anyone to believe it.[/i]

Well it's not really a ludicrous thing to suggest since there is an overwhelming amount of evidence which supports this.
Sat 29/10/11 at 23:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sonic Chris wrote:
The beauty of Shakespeare's works are that they are not written by a pompous educated man. To even suggest that he was a stooge used by somebody else for his name is an insult.

To suggest that a somewhat uneducated and married man with 3 children created such a massive, important and revolutionary body of work within the space of 22 years is ludicrous. The insult is asking anyone to believe it.
Sat 29/10/11 at 23:03
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Let's keep it in the 'Family' boys ... and give some free exposure at the same time :¬)

William Shakespeare@Freeola

Site may need a little 'spit and polish' and 'buffing' tbh ;-)
Sat 29/10/11 at 20:26
Regular
"How Ironic"
The beauty of Shakespeare's works are that they are not written by a pompous educated man. To even suggest that he was a stooge used by somebody else for his name is an insult.

*EDIT* That's not directed at you by the way Omen, reading back it sounded like it was :P
Sat 29/10/11 at 20:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Verily, how true thou art master pete ... my folios are often published under 'false names' :¬)

At the moment, I am "Shake Speare" and I run a club called 'Globulus' in Stratford-upon-Avon :¬)
Sat 29/10/11 at 12:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
If it is true then I suppose it's a fitting tribute to the great man that hundreds of years later many of his followers have attempted to submit reviews on this site.
Fri 28/10/11 at 20:27
Regular
The whole movie's an insult. It's like having a movie about Gandhi with the tagline asking if he really did anything for India.
Fri 28/10/11 at 13:20
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Its a load of rubbish. The simple truth is nobody can offer any actual evidence that he didnt write what amounts to ~200 pieces of work. And more to the point they cant disprove any of the evidence that suggests he did.
Fri 28/10/11 at 09:51
"possibly impossible"
There have been many accounts of scholars and historians finding 'evidence' that someone else wrote Shakespeare's plays.

It seems to stem from the fact that they can't get around the issue of someone who had a lower standard of education or status writing such wonderful plays.

We're talking as early as the mid 19th Century when some people started speculating that Sir Francis Bacon wrote at least some of the plays.
Fri 28/10/11 at 02:02
Regular
"7 Deadly Sins"
I've created this thread because of anonymous, a movie thats been advertised on tv recently. Its got me thinking because this is the first time ive seen this question brought up. Is shakespeare really a fraud or is this movie a load of rubbish, im completely befuddled.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.