GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonic CD..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sonic Mega Collection'.
Tue 11/03/03 at 11:42
Regular
After recieing my copy of the Sonic Mega Collection on the GameCube, yesterday (thanks SR!), it felt fantastic to get back to the good-old Sonic games; the ones the made the series as great as it is today.

There're the first-3 Sonic games from the MegaDrive, Sonic and Knuckles, the brilliant Sonic Spinball, the awful Sonic 3-D, and Dr.Robotnik's Mean-Bean Machine - which I have now come to love.
And aswell as those there are others to unlock (including Ristar), aswell as comic-book and artist illustrations, and movies of Sonic-in-action, in the 'Extras' section.

And all that, just on ONE disc! Without a single-trace of Sonic Adventure bad-ness (except in the videos of it).

But as great as this whole thing is, there's just one thing missing...
And that's the Mega CD game - and possibly the best Sonic adventure of the lot; `Sonic CD`.

How on Earth they could let this game go, I do not know!
But with footage of both the excellent opening and ending sequences on this disc somewhere, I live in hope that that SEGA may be considering bringing this game back, to the future, where it belongs...

Wasn't the Sonic CD game just the best of the lot?
Thu 13/03/03 at 11:34
Regular
"Long time no see!"
That's true... But how many of those were actually worth the money people were one-day paying for them??

Sonic CD seems to be the only one!
I never liked the look of a single-one of the Sonic Saturn games. :P
Tue 11/03/03 at 20:19
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Cross your fingers maybe they will make a second compilation. After all as you said there is still Sonic CD, but also Sonic R, Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic Laberynth, Sonic Chaos,Sonic Shuffle, Sonic Triple Trouble, and I'm sure others that I have left out as well.....
Tue 11/03/03 at 15:37
Regular
"DS..."
Sonic cd id definatley an undisputed classic in the Sonic series and in my opinion one of (if not THE) best of them all, I got my copy a while ago off Ebay for a little over £12 which is cheap considering it's worth a lot more, but seeing as it is so rare now these days sega should definately consider re-releasing it in one of their compilation packs maybe for GBA or something similar to that effect.

slik ~_~
Tue 11/03/03 at 11:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
After recieing my copy of the Sonic Mega Collection on the GameCube, yesterday (thanks SR!), it felt fantastic to get back to the good-old Sonic games; the ones the made the series as great as it is today.

There're the first-3 Sonic games from the MegaDrive, Sonic and Knuckles, the brilliant Sonic Spinball, the awful Sonic 3-D, and Dr.Robotnik's Mean-Bean Machine - which I have now come to love.
And aswell as those there are others to unlock (including Ristar), aswell as comic-book and artist illustrations, and movies of Sonic-in-action, in the 'Extras' section.

And all that, just on ONE disc! Without a single-trace of Sonic Adventure bad-ness (except in the videos of it).

But as great as this whole thing is, there's just one thing missing...
And that's the Mega CD game - and possibly the best Sonic adventure of the lot; `Sonic CD`.

How on Earth they could let this game go, I do not know!
But with footage of both the excellent opening and ending sequences on this disc somewhere, I live in hope that that SEGA may be considering bringing this game back, to the future, where it belongs...

Wasn't the Sonic CD game just the best of the lot?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.