GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has Sony made a wrong move?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/12/01 at 16:19
Regular
Is it just me who thought the coloured PS2's were tacky? I read an interview with the designer of the PS2 who said it was black to symbolise space, and teh purple and blue was the Earth, and life. So basically they just threw his hard work out of the window because Ken Kutaragi likes cars. The damn things look like PVC for God's sake! Thank God they were only limited edition.
Thu 27/12/01 at 19:17
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Agreed. All of them lookes crap save the silver one. It wasn't the wrong move though. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Anyhow, I think the current PS2 look stylee.
Thu 27/12/01 at 15:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Exactly my point. Not enough thought has been put into them, they're like an impulse from Mr Kutaragi.
Thu 27/12/01 at 14:19
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Although i've only seen two sets of pictures, I really didn't like the look of the coloured PS2's. It just looks to have been really poorly executed. They don't look as 'acceptable' as the original PS2 design and will undoubtedly cause the public to once AGAIN brand the gaming-industry a 'kids hobby'.

The PS2 doesn't look out of place next to a TV, video, hi-fi system, etc. I somehow don't see someone spoiling their setup with a red PS2 though!
Thu 27/12/01 at 09:04
Regular
"Guess who..."
Wed 26/12/01 at 12:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Ok so it's not really a big deal, but I just wanted to know your opinion on the coloured PS2's. And you MUST have read a different interview! How can you be so sure it's the same one when neither of us have said where we read it!?
Tue 25/12/01 at 21:41
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i seriously don't see how sony could go wrong with a move like this, its flawless (ok maybe not fully).
Tue 25/12/01 at 19:42
Regular
"Back For Good"
Your getting muddled up, the black ps2 represents space and the blue and green led's represent earth. The coloured PS2s are just a limited batch with "space" being a different colour. Maybe if Sony had spend more time working on the actual machine instead of thinking up all this garbage not to mention something that works vertical/horizontal then maybe the PS2 would have been better!!!!
Tue 25/12/01 at 16:50
just wished they had released a pink one then my g/f would have payed for my ps2 instead of me having to get it myself
Mon 24/12/01 at 22:38
Regular
I didn't care about the cplor, if they had published the thing Red with yellow stripes and bright green polka dots it would still be succesful, witht he added bonus of hippies worshipping it.
Mon 24/12/01 at 22:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Could be, depends on how many were made. If you keep all the proper stuff, like boxes and the console is in perfect condition then maybe it could be worth something to the right person.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.