GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Devil May Cry - Blocky borders??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/12/01 at 11:55
Regular
what sort of TV do you have e.g widescreen or normal and how bad do you think these blcokly borders are and how big r they on your TV?
MM
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:55
Regular
"Bah"
what sort of TV do you have e.g widescreen or normal and how bad do you think these blcokly borders are and how big r they on your TV?
MM
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:58
"High polygon count"
I have a SOny WEGA 28" widescreen. In normal 4:3 mode the borders are huge - but I put it on Zoom mode, which cuts them off... so it's not a major issue for me.
Mon 24/12/01 at 16:22
I have a Philips ?? TV that has a stretch facility on it, so the borders aren't really an issue for me, however - even without this facility on, the borders don't really bother me. It doesn't affect thre playability at all.
Mon 24/12/01 at 16:25
Regular
I've not played DMC but on Onimusha they weren't at all noticable for me until I read about them in PSM2. And my T.V is a 14 inch one; but on my familys big one they were still not noticable.
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:26
Regular
i have played it on both a 28" TV and an other one and they are both fine. it aint that bad.
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:28
Regular
"¬_¬"
I've got a 14 inch normal Tv with a really high resolution, which is surprising. I am finding it increasingly annoying how fewer and fewer DVDs support letterbox mode, because I hate having squished up displays. Grrrrr. Yes, I want those big black borders on my DVDs.
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:30
Regular
"¬_¬"
DMC doesn't have blocky borders. I've played it through right to the end without any notice of a bad conversion. Trust me, it doesn't ruin the game in the slightest if there are borders (I didn't notice)
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:34
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I have a 28" widescreen TV and you really DO NOT notice the borders at all.

They're fairly big at the top and bottom but not at the side and once you start playing, you really forget ALL about them.
Mon 24/12/01 at 18:40
Regular
at the sides? i dont have any at the sides, just little ones at the top and bottom.
Mon 24/12/01 at 20:01
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
lets just hope other great games like mgs2 don't have borders.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.