GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bad Influence"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/12/01 at 11:30
Regular
No, not that crappy TV show with that Violet somebody, I'm talking about me, to my mates.
You see, I've learned never to even try and change the opinion of someone when it comes to gaming, as they just won't listen.
I've five friends in the area who, every weekend come over to play on my N64 (4 player Perfect Dark usually). Thing is, they've all got Playstations, so I say to 'em, you never play on your Playstations, so why not sell them and get a 64. "Because you've got one" comes the reply. But surely, if you had one, you wouldn't have to come over here EVERY weekend, we could go to yours. "yeah, maybe, but there aren't many good games, and their expensive". Expensive, pah. I shoved the latest SR club mag in their hands. They then told me they were still crap. "so crap you come here every weekend!"
They just don't learn. In fact, one of my mates is getting a PS2 for Chrimbo (2moro). I tried to tell him, no, get the Game Cube, it's the same price and it's much better, but would he listen, would he ****. So, from now on, I give up, I'll never influence 'em again. Anythin for a quiet life:)
Tue 25/12/01 at 18:52
I agree with you to, they just dont listen. Its like all these people who swear blind that xbox is brilliant, yet they have never ever played it. If every magazine in the world said that 'GAME X' was the best thing ever, i bet millions of people would buy it and not complian even if it was total rubbish. Take fifa for instance. Now for me, i work in a games shop and see many people buy rubbish, but with parents i get them to change what they are buying, for the better game, done this a lot with parents buying fifa instead of pro evo.
Mon 24/12/01 at 20:06
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> uksgamer2002 wrote:
> from now on, I give
> up, I'll never influence 'em
> again. Anythin for a quiet life:)

Ah but you didnt influence him he didnt buy
> the N64. ;)

So the topic title could be

'Bad Influencer'
Mon 24/12/01 at 14:37
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Some people never learn. Too be honest, when the GCube and X-box are out, the PS2 will have a hard time. Mind you, the X-box high price might put ppl off.
Mon 24/12/01 at 12:51
Regular
"¬_¬"
I managed to get my mate to sell his PlayStation and buy an N64. Heh heh. Then i sold him all my old crappy games to him. He offered me ridiculous prices and I actually had to bring them down!!! But he was a fool and now he wants a PS2. Apparently, I heard on the radio that the most wanted toy this Christmas is a PlayStation 2. Grrrrr.
Mon 24/12/01 at 12:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> from now on, I give
> up, I'll never influence 'em again. Anythin for a quiet life:)

Ah but you didnt influence him he didnt buy the N64. ;)
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:33
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
ah well, you can go round his and play GTA3 on his PS2... and then back to yours for 4 player Perfect Dark!!!
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:30
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
No, not that crappy TV show with that Violet somebody, I'm talking about me, to my mates.
You see, I've learned never to even try and change the opinion of someone when it comes to gaming, as they just won't listen.
I've five friends in the area who, every weekend come over to play on my N64 (4 player Perfect Dark usually). Thing is, they've all got Playstations, so I say to 'em, you never play on your Playstations, so why not sell them and get a 64. "Because you've got one" comes the reply. But surely, if you had one, you wouldn't have to come over here EVERY weekend, we could go to yours. "yeah, maybe, but there aren't many good games, and their expensive". Expensive, pah. I shoved the latest SR club mag in their hands. They then told me they were still crap. "so crap you come here every weekend!"
They just don't learn. In fact, one of my mates is getting a PS2 for Chrimbo (2moro). I tried to tell him, no, get the Game Cube, it's the same price and it's much better, but would he listen, would he ****. So, from now on, I give up, I'll never influence 'em again. Anythin for a quiet life:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.