GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't make me angry."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/12/01 at 00:10
Regular
Ok, I have just had to turn off Castle Wolfenstein and take a deep breath, smoke several fags and resist the urge to smash my computer with a very large chair.

Why?
Playing online.
Usually I love it. It's you vs the world, can be a person from anywhere. It comes down to skill, who's faster and better right?
Wrong.

It comes down to which punk-ass players are going to cheat.
Why? Why the @!#* cheat online?
It doesn't make you a better player, it doesn't mean you're top dog.
It means you're a weak player that needs to cheat to suceed and it also means you're probably ugly and have crap parents.

Example:
Castle Wolfenstein - The Base map.
I come under fire, run into a hut with no windows and wait for health to regenerate (being a medic is good).
Except I get shot.
Through the wall.
So I respawn and BAM get shot through the wall again, with nobody even in sight.
Run away and duck behind a crate for cover and once more get shot, through the crate.

Jesus christ, how weak do you have to be as a player/clan to use wallhack cheats and invisibility?
Clan CBW - beware of these punk monkeys, they lack any skill whatsoever and need to resort to hacking to enable them to shoot through walls.

*shakes head*
My Flashpoint Clan plays for fun. We have some decent players, and then we have players like me.
We've entered tournaments and got whupped, but we get beaten or we win fair and square.
I don't understand the mentality of these mooks that need to cheat online.
Sure, cheat offline in single-player games if you want, you're just playing against the computer.
But when you face off with other players, have some respect and dont be such a bloody coward and rubbish player to utilise cheats.

And I can just see these spotty geeks laughing and high-fiving each other before having a nice big circle-jerk in their stupid geek bedroom.
Play like a man, rely on skill and expertise.
Don't stand there, in plain sight, and mow down the other side because we can't hit you and you can hit through walls.

You lame punk cheating wannabes.
If you're crap, accept that and play harder to get better.
Don't cheat and think that means you're a decent player, it just means you're a stupid, wide-faced loser mook that deserves to be slapped in front of your woman so she can see how pathetic you are

*seeth seeth seeth seeth*
Bloody fools.
I'm going to smash stuff wiv my fase now to calm down.
Mon 24/12/01 at 12:20
Regular
Same here, better player=I don't care. Sneaky little chimp with wall hack shooting me through wall=smash wiv stick. My only advice to you is to leave the server and find somewhere else to play. It saves you getting stressed. CHeaters will always be there, its not possible to get rid of them totally as there is always some gimp of a programmer ironing out bugs in his latest cheating exploit. SO even when a patch is released he can do a new one which doesn't get affected :( FActs of playing online are grim.
Mon 24/12/01 at 12:20
Ok then........
Mon 24/12/01 at 12:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oh I don't mind getting beaten by people that are good, how else can you improve?

It's when you get shot by invisible people and through walls that I get moody and turn it off.

Counterstrike used to run a programme called "Punk Buster" that authenticates you and monitors if you use any cheats, made the game an even field.

I can handle better players murdering me, it's geeky chimps with cheats that make my head wrong.
Mon 24/12/01 at 12:14
Regular
CHeating online....typical. I face this every single day now. I play TO competively online (*NTB* 10th in the world :)) and people are constantly being asked if they are using an aimbot (auto aim) or radar and other things. Its stupid. Some people do cheat like the people you have met with the wall hacks Goaty, but some are gods at the game :D

My brother has this game and he has played online a bit, but hasn't encountered cheaters yet, but with the release of a new game with online gaming, cheats are always going to be inevitable.

I say find the server admin and get them kick banned, best thing to do. Ip gets blocked and they will not be bothering you again.
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:55
Regular
"es argh"
Cheating online really does suck. But can you do anything about it? Maybe if you get near to them you could smash their face wiv stick :)
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:52
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Thnaks all the same.
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If you go to the Codemaster site, they have a bulletin board where people put IPs for games on.
My clan have their own, but I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.
Sorry.
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:41
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
By the way Goaty, could you give me the address of any decent Op Flashpoint servers. I've completed the single-player aspect of the game and have never given multi-player a thought!
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah I downloaded it at work and burned it onto CD.
And I have to say it's a massive letdown for me.

Connection problems like you wouldn't believe, you have to use Gamespy (grrr) and even people with cable can't play for lag.

And let's be honest, the level everyone wants to play is the beach one. Except they give you some warehouse thing, a tiny map.

Hopefully the game itself will be better, but I'm sticking with RTCW for now.
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:23
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
You tried the Medal of Honour: Allied Assault multiplayer demo yet, Goaty? Unfortunately, I can't express any opinion about it yet, coz I get the following error message during install (when it's 99% complete):

An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file.

Boohoo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.