GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think PSX2 will be better than the dolphin!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/09/00 at 12:24
Regular
Because the PSX was better than the N64 even thought it was 64bit i still feel Sony produce better consoles than Ninteddo. Does anyone agree?
Sat 02/09/00 at 12:24
Because the PSX was better than the N64 even thought it was 64bit i still feel Sony produce better consoles than Ninteddo. Does anyone agree?
Sat 02/09/00 at 13:15
Regular
You haven't kept up to date have you? Tut tut tut...
Anyway, the Dolphin is now the Gamecube (Cube) and a lot of people (including myself) think the games look as good or better than the PS2 games already.
And to comment on your statment, nintendo actually designed the PSX (why X?) as an addon for the SNES, and no, Nintendo make bette consoles (expecting the 64DD, Virual Boy, and quite possibly the N64)
Sat 02/09/00 at 14:03
The Gamecube will be far superior to PS2 as PS2 is a developers nightmare, struggling to get games lokking better than PS titles. I have played Tekken. It is sh!te TTT the PS2 one that is.
Sat 02/09/00 at 18:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
The GameCube won't be FAR superior!!! Sorry to argue but it won't be FAR superior. It may be a little better, but it will be coming out a year later, and how do you know, have you played the GameCube??? With games like MGS2, FIFA 2001, the new Bond game and many more on the horizon, I think the PS2 will be one of the best consoles ever. The same goes for the GameCube and the X-Box. And you're only saying TTT is cr*p 'cos you own a Dreamcast and Dead Or Alive 2, from almost all the reviews I've seen TTT looks like an excellent game. I suppose you might not like the style of TTT compared to Dead Or Alive 2. It may sound stupid, but I've played both Tekken 3 and Dead Or Alive and I much prefer the way Tekken 3 feels and plays. And it's not a developers nightmare, they're just finding it tough. It's true that's it not easy on the PS2, but the games look a lot better than the PSX games, and it just means that developers will put more effort into it. After all, they won't miss out on the PS2 after that PSX's success. I'm sorry to argue and I may sound biased but I'm pretty sure the GameCube won't be FAR superior, but probably a little better. But you never know. They could both be sh*te and the X-Box will overpower them both, or they both might turn out brilliant and both be bif successes. Let's wait for them both to come out and then we'll know, so really, saying one is better than the other is stupid 'cos we won't know until they're both out over here.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 02/09/00 at 18:32
Regular
"I like cheese"
The GameCube won't be FAR superior!!! Sorry to argue but it won't be FAR superior. It may be a little better, but it will be coming out a year later, and how do you know, have you played the GameCube??? With games like MGS2, FIFA 2001, the new Bond game and many more on the horizon, I think the PS2 will be one of the best consoles ever. The same goes for the GameCube and the X-Box. And you're only saying TTT is cr*p 'cos you own a Dreamcast and Dead Or Alive 2, from almost all the reviews I've seen TTT looks like an excellent game. I suppose you might not like the style of TTT compared to Dead Or Alive 2. It may sound stupid, but I've played both Tekken 3 and Dead Or Alive and I much prefer the way Tekken 3 feels and plays. And it's not a developers nightmare, they're just finding it tough. It's true that's it not easy on the PS2, but the games look a lot better than the PSX games, and it just means that developers will put more effort into it. After all, they won't miss out on the PS2 after that PSX's success. I'm sorry to argue and I may sound biased but I'm pretty sure the GameCube won't be FAR superior, but probably a little better. But you never know. They could both be sh*te and the X-Box will overpower them both, or they both might turn out brilliant and both be big successes. Let's wait for them both to come out and then we'll know, so really, saying one is better than the other is stupid 'cos we won't know until they're both out over here.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sat 02/09/00 at 18:42
That's ok, That's ok. Ant. I have played on Playstation2, Don't get your hopes up about it. Even the Japanese are ashamed of the games that are released - BTW TTT has got awful reviews. I have no doubt that you want a PS2, but then when the N-Cube arrives - you'll want that. Oh, and have you pre-ordered? If not then you'll be waiting till March as the pre-order from special Reserve says so.
Sat 02/09/00 at 21:46
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
The difference between Sony and Nintendo is, Sony doesn't have Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo does. Nuff said!

Bleeders
Sun 03/09/00 at 01:09
The difference between Sega and Sony, is that Sony doesn't have Yu Suzuki. But Microsfot will probably snatch these two gaming lagends, from Nin/seg.
Sun 03/09/00 at 12:15
HAHAHA
There is NO chance Shigsy OR yu suzuki or even Yuji Naka for that matter could be persuaded to leave their respective companys.

Oh, and I am one of the biggest Tekken fans ever, I like it more than DOA1 but I prefer now to play DOA 2 on my DC than TTT on my PS2.

Sorry, but it is the worst sham I have ever played.
I am only telling u this cus I had forked out a fortune for an imported one to find that my Dreamcast was better?
The moral???
Play both WITH AN OPEN MIND.
DONT be biased - its the only way.
And if you REALLY do prefer the PS2, I dont mind, if it makes ya happy.
Isnt it strange that ure the only guy on the PS2 group that actually wants one and everyone else is hanging on for the cube???
Sun 03/09/00 at 13:28
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well, I'm not the only one. ARTY has already pre-ordered unlike me, and I think he's on holiday at the moment. There's gfy, not sure where he is. TheBest or Jedi-Master who now wants a PS2 (He lives a few houses away from me and he said so) boss thinks the PS2 will be the best, not sure where he is either. All my friends want a PS2 and what about the guy who started this topic?? I've also seen people on other forums who want a PS2. IF I HAVE THE MONEY I WILL GET THE GAMECUBE BUT I PROBABLY WON'T.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.