GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MS Lengthens Warranty period"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/07/07 at 10:27
Regular
Clicky

MS have come out and basically admitted there's a problem with the 360, and are extending warrantys to 3 years.

Thoughts?
Wed 11/07/07 at 14:52
Regular
"8==="
Machie wrote:
> Isn't this the worst console mistake in history?

No because MS have the money to do it and they're in for the long haul.
Wed 11/07/07 at 12:34
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think it's a good move by Microsoft to admit there is a problem and extend the warranties.

OK it would have been better if the fault wasn't there in the first place but at least they're making up for it.
Mon 09/07/07 at 22:36
Regular
Isn't this the worst console mistake in history? I mean it's going to cost Microsoft $1billion. That's what? 2.5 million 360s and they've only sold 11.6 million.

I'm glad MS are doing this but then it would have been much better if they didnt sell a faulty machine. I'm suprised more people havent ranted about this. I guess the Xbox fan boys have been too busy bashing PS3 sales. =/
Mon 09/07/07 at 22:06
"possibly impossible"
Edgy wrote:
> If my understanding is right (I haven't read the link but I have
> read the news elsewhere on some site...) then the warranty is
> only extended for those with the 3 red light problem then?

Indeed.
Mon 09/07/07 at 20:48
Regular
It would be classic if they stop producing the red leds.
Mon 09/07/07 at 20:37
Regular
If my understanding is right (I haven't read the link but I have read the news elsewhere on some site...) then the warranty is only extended for those with the 3 red light problem then?
Sun 08/07/07 at 09:40
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
New from Argos, probably thrown around a bit. :-P

Managed to get hold of a new one though from another Argos which hadn't run out of stock and all is well now. Oblivion is lurvely. :)
Sat 07/07/07 at 17:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Was it new or secondhand and where did you get it? (So I can avoid them). Hope your next one is a good one :)
Sat 07/07/07 at 17:10
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I got the 3 red lights today, didn't even get to put a game in. :'-(
Sat 07/07/07 at 15:15
Regular
I think it's great news, but then i'm still on my launch console and haven't had any problems *touch wood*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.