GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Cube reached it's targets?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 22:21
Regular
Before it's release, Nintendo said promised that the GameCube will live up to be the most innovative and fun console, with a classic line-up of games on the way throughout it's first year. They also said that with it's cheap, yet friendly price of £130 on launch, it would challenge Microsoft and Sony's next-gen attempts in the console sales.
Obviously die-hard Nintendo fans will say that so far this is true, but do you really think that the GameCube has lived up to expectations.

I personally feel that it has. I wasn't a big Nintendo fan before I got the GC but Nintendo convinced me that it was the right choice to buy the GC. I did, and am very pleased with it so far. To be honest though, I was having second thoughts just after I purchased it because I thought the titles on offer at launch weren't exactly the best you could choose. Nevertheless the GameCube has never been a major dissapointment to me, or to many fans out there. With many good games already out and many on the way, I feel that the GameCube will still be around for years to come, and I hope that it will challenge the X-Box and PS2 right till the next console war.

What does everyone else think on this matter?
Wed 12/03/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
Before it's release, Nintendo said promised that the GameCube will live up to be the most innovative and fun console, with a classic line-up of games on the way throughout it's first year. They also said that with it's cheap, yet friendly price of £130 on launch, it would challenge Microsoft and Sony's next-gen attempts in the console sales.
Obviously die-hard Nintendo fans will say that so far this is true, but do you really think that the GameCube has lived up to expectations.

I personally feel that it has. I wasn't a big Nintendo fan before I got the GC but Nintendo convinced me that it was the right choice to buy the GC. I did, and am very pleased with it so far. To be honest though, I was having second thoughts just after I purchased it because I thought the titles on offer at launch weren't exactly the best you could choose. Nevertheless the GameCube has never been a major dissapointment to me, or to many fans out there. With many good games already out and many on the way, I feel that the GameCube will still be around for years to come, and I hope that it will challenge the X-Box and PS2 right till the next console war.

What does everyone else think on this matter?
Wed 12/03/03 at 22:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I love my GameCube. No, seriously. :-D

I've got some quality games already, such as Super Mario Sunshine, TimeSplitters 2 and Pikmin, but in the next few months, I think I'll be fairly cash-strapped due to the large number of oncoming GameCube titles that I'm interested in.

Metroid Prime
Super Monkey Ball 2
Mario Kart GC
Mario Golf GC
Mario Tennis GC
Ikaruga
Harvest Moon GC
F-Zero GC
1080: Avalanche
Driver 3
Hitman 2

And many more!

Whoooo!
Wed 12/03/03 at 22:44
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
You Serious about Hitman 2? I would give that game a miss personally...
Wed 12/03/03 at 22:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I liked it when I played a demo a few weeks ago.
Wed 12/03/03 at 22:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
My Cube has.
Wed 12/03/03 at 23:50
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
1080: Avalanche better be the best game ever - I played the original to death and loved every last second of it. Anything less than perfection and I'll be well dissappointed.

Harvest Moon should be great too. The PS2 3D incarnation was awful, hopefully they'll return to form, though a GBA version is what I really want.
Wed 12/03/03 at 23:57
Regular
There is a Harvest Moon GBA game being made in conjunction with the GC version. They will link up, obviously.
Thu 13/03/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm pleased with the games we've got so far, and I really cannot wait for the ones that are still to come! :)

And with the FreeLoader, there's no-way we'll be able to miss-out on a single one! :D

But I don't know about the console sales, and I don't really care - just as long as I'm able to played the games I want.
£130's a nice initial price for any console though - especially the GameCube.
Thu 13/03/03 at 11:34
"Darkness, always"
The only people I know of who don't like the Cube are those who type like this:

"GTAVC is da best gaem eva FFS!!!!! I liek to kill peeps wiv da bassbul batt!!"

Or those that type like this:

"Scientists have proven that smokers are 47% cooler than non-smokers".

The trend? Both statements are false.
Thu 13/03/03 at 11:40
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> The trend? Both statements are false.

Heh heh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.