GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Cube reached it's targets?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 22:21
Regular
Before it's release, Nintendo said promised that the GameCube will live up to be the most innovative and fun console, with a classic line-up of games on the way throughout it's first year. They also said that with it's cheap, yet friendly price of £130 on launch, it would challenge Microsoft and Sony's next-gen attempts in the console sales.
Obviously die-hard Nintendo fans will say that so far this is true, but do you really think that the GameCube has lived up to expectations.

I personally feel that it has. I wasn't a big Nintendo fan before I got the GC but Nintendo convinced me that it was the right choice to buy the GC. I did, and am very pleased with it so far. To be honest though, I was having second thoughts just after I purchased it because I thought the titles on offer at launch weren't exactly the best you could choose. Nevertheless the GameCube has never been a major dissapointment to me, or to many fans out there. With many good games already out and many on the way, I feel that the GameCube will still be around for years to come, and I hope that it will challenge the X-Box and PS2 right till the next console war.

What does everyone else think on this matter?
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:36
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
I think the next good games on the release list is just what the Cube needs in which to get more units sold. More and more people are buying the Cube and even more will be encouraged with the line-up for this year
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:33
Regular
"# most wanted #"
I agree with AfroJoe -
So far the CUBE has been great - loved SSX Tricky , Burnout , Eternal Darknes .....
But look wots round the corner

Zelda
Burnout 2
1080 Avalanche
F Zero

and of course the one we are all waiting for - Mario Kart GC

It's gonna be a great year for CUBE fans
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
cookie monster wrote:
> There was a rumour featured on Gamestation that the PS3 will be ready
> to ship this year.

It was that it would be unveiled late this year, not to ship :P
Thu 13/03/03 at 15:42
"For the horde!!!!"
Games take time to develope so even if the console architecture is ready for production, software companies will need about a year or so to make a game for it.
Thu 13/03/03 at 14:55
"Darkness, always"
Indeed. The whole spec hasn't even been finalised yet, to my knowledge, which must surely also mean that their development pack is not yet ready for shipping to third parties.

Hence, they will have no games for it for another18 months at least.
Thu 13/03/03 at 14:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> That's absolutely unfeasible, and even the mongs who made up that
> report should realise that.

I thought so too, as far as i was aware "The cell" was still in development.
Thu 13/03/03 at 14:12
"Darkness, always"
That's absolutely unfeasible, and even the mongs who made up that report should realise that.
Thu 13/03/03 at 13:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
There was a rumour featured on Gamestation that the PS3 will be ready to ship this year.
Thu 13/03/03 at 13:53
"Darkness, always"
The PS3 and the respective successors to the GC and XBOX are all due for release in the summer of 2005...
Thu 13/03/03 at 13:52
Regular
most probs as soon as developers get the hang of using the hardware they will release the next one :-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.