GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Garlic?.....Bread?.......Garlic Bread?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/03/03 at 13:35
Regular
We often see games based on films but we never see games based on comedians. Therefore I propose that there be a game made based on Peter Kay and his stand-up "Live from the Top of the Tower" recorded in sunny ol' Blackpool. Unfortunately the game would only have one character to take control of which would be Peter Kay....but hey if you think he's fat you want to see some of the people in America.

The plot of the game would be that you need to arrange to go on holiday, travel there, have your holiday with as little aggravation as possible, create a way to get your money back, and then return back home safely. So taking control of Peter in a RPG you start of in his house. Your first job is to book a holiday abroad, and so armed with £500 you can exit the house and go into town to your local reputable holiday booking operator. Those of you who are more astute however would have gone down into the lounge, put the BIG light on and turned on the TV. You would have then grabbed the remote control and gone onto Ceefax, 'cos theres some great deals on there. After sitting there for 20 mins looking at all the deals on the 86 pages you'll see one that you want Peter to go on and so you'll try to find the button on your control pad that will hold that page. Now obviously the first time you do this you won't be able to find it, you'll just end up making the picture bigger, before it changes page. Still you'll wait another 20mins for that page to come along and it'll be sold out. Slightly disheartened you'll book any holiday from the next page before that too is sold out.

So that's it, you've booked it, packed it and now you're going to ****off.....get on Ceefax, I'm telling ya, it's a short-cut that'll save you weeks of gaming agro down the local shopping centre. Booked it, packed it ******off....Ceefax, I'm telling ya. Anyway you're now on the plane with your mum and dad on the way to your holiday destination. While on the plane you open up your hand luggage to reveal a list of tasks that need to be completed, as so you, the gamer, know what you should be doing in the game.

The plane lands 4 hours late, and you make your way to the hotel where the first of your tasks begin. After wandering around the room with your Peter Kay characters Dad going "look they've got hot and cold water" whilst turning on the taps, and shouting "They've even got a telly.....ohhh this is dead nice this", you set to work trying to make the room worse than it is, so that you can take some photos and send them to watchdog to get your money back. As the son in the family and technically your mum and dads slave, you get asked to go out to get something to make the room look disgusting. This part of the game will only be competed fully if you've thought to nip to the local shops and grab a tin of baked beans (you must be weary to not be caught out by the distraction of Cadburys Chocolate Fingers "the box looks the same, I'll have a taste ***chew chew*** THEY ARE, THEY ARE THE SAME....imagine that") and then looked in some of the locals gardens for a large bug before returning to the hotel room. Here you will now have to strategically put the bug into the bed and get your mum to point to it whilst your dad camcorders it or takes photos. With the tin of beans you'll have to splash them all up the wall and again get your mum to point to it whilst your dad camcorders it or takes photos.

So you've completed the first tasks of avoiding food in the local shops that looks the same as at home, and you've made your hotel room appear as though it was in a state when you got there. For your next set of tasks you'll have to find an eating establishment for grab some nosh in. If you stumble across the Red Lion you will of course be along the right tracks, but your task will be to see if you can order real English food..."steak and kidney pie please, ere hold on whats this, garlic bread? Garlic........Bread? Garlic Bread?" If you refrain from ordering this the meal section of the game will be complete and you'll be taken to a phonebox situated outside the pub. You task here is to call home to find out what time it is through a selection of questions that you have to select in a certain order "Whats weather like, it's raining (turns to Mum and Dad)....it's raining there, ya know....it's that fine rain that soaks you through....(back on phone) Whats the time there?...2am? It's only 8pm here, that'll be the time difference that"

Once the phone call has been completed it'll be time to comeback home but not before your dad garbs you in a headlock as a speeding police car with it's sirens going pass with you dad shouting "he's here, he's here, I've got him"....."get off dad, I'm 26....I'll break ya back". When you arrive back home to a house thats immaculately tidy, your overall Peter Kay rating will be scored depending on how you dealt with all the situations, and if you ever did get your money back for the holiday. Once you have scored 100% completion you should then unlock snippets from the DVD/Video itself giving you even more to laugh at!

Booked it, packed it, ******off!
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:12
Regular
"past,present&future"
Peter Kay is a comic genius. And I've got everything he's ever done on video.

Rehashing his material isn't funny or entertaining.

I saw him live, very, very funny, but all he needs to do is say 'Garlic Bread' and people roll around laughing.

How funny is it? Over and over again?

Not very.
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:06
Regular
i have recently bought peter kays fine dvd, and think it is one of the best purchases I've made this year.

but what you are proposing is quite frankly gash
Wed 02/04/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Not a good idea then I guess!
Thu 13/03/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
We often see games based on films but we never see games based on comedians. Therefore I propose that there be a game made based on Peter Kay and his stand-up "Live from the Top of the Tower" recorded in sunny ol' Blackpool. Unfortunately the game would only have one character to take control of which would be Peter Kay....but hey if you think he's fat you want to see some of the people in America.

The plot of the game would be that you need to arrange to go on holiday, travel there, have your holiday with as little aggravation as possible, create a way to get your money back, and then return back home safely. So taking control of Peter in a RPG you start of in his house. Your first job is to book a holiday abroad, and so armed with £500 you can exit the house and go into town to your local reputable holiday booking operator. Those of you who are more astute however would have gone down into the lounge, put the BIG light on and turned on the TV. You would have then grabbed the remote control and gone onto Ceefax, 'cos theres some great deals on there. After sitting there for 20 mins looking at all the deals on the 86 pages you'll see one that you want Peter to go on and so you'll try to find the button on your control pad that will hold that page. Now obviously the first time you do this you won't be able to find it, you'll just end up making the picture bigger, before it changes page. Still you'll wait another 20mins for that page to come along and it'll be sold out. Slightly disheartened you'll book any holiday from the next page before that too is sold out.

So that's it, you've booked it, packed it and now you're going to ****off.....get on Ceefax, I'm telling ya, it's a short-cut that'll save you weeks of gaming agro down the local shopping centre. Booked it, packed it ******off....Ceefax, I'm telling ya. Anyway you're now on the plane with your mum and dad on the way to your holiday destination. While on the plane you open up your hand luggage to reveal a list of tasks that need to be completed, as so you, the gamer, know what you should be doing in the game.

The plane lands 4 hours late, and you make your way to the hotel where the first of your tasks begin. After wandering around the room with your Peter Kay characters Dad going "look they've got hot and cold water" whilst turning on the taps, and shouting "They've even got a telly.....ohhh this is dead nice this", you set to work trying to make the room worse than it is, so that you can take some photos and send them to watchdog to get your money back. As the son in the family and technically your mum and dads slave, you get asked to go out to get something to make the room look disgusting. This part of the game will only be competed fully if you've thought to nip to the local shops and grab a tin of baked beans (you must be weary to not be caught out by the distraction of Cadburys Chocolate Fingers "the box looks the same, I'll have a taste ***chew chew*** THEY ARE, THEY ARE THE SAME....imagine that") and then looked in some of the locals gardens for a large bug before returning to the hotel room. Here you will now have to strategically put the bug into the bed and get your mum to point to it whilst your dad camcorders it or takes photos. With the tin of beans you'll have to splash them all up the wall and again get your mum to point to it whilst your dad camcorders it or takes photos.

So you've completed the first tasks of avoiding food in the local shops that looks the same as at home, and you've made your hotel room appear as though it was in a state when you got there. For your next set of tasks you'll have to find an eating establishment for grab some nosh in. If you stumble across the Red Lion you will of course be along the right tracks, but your task will be to see if you can order real English food..."steak and kidney pie please, ere hold on whats this, garlic bread? Garlic........Bread? Garlic Bread?" If you refrain from ordering this the meal section of the game will be complete and you'll be taken to a phonebox situated outside the pub. You task here is to call home to find out what time it is through a selection of questions that you have to select in a certain order "Whats weather like, it's raining (turns to Mum and Dad)....it's raining there, ya know....it's that fine rain that soaks you through....(back on phone) Whats the time there?...2am? It's only 8pm here, that'll be the time difference that"

Once the phone call has been completed it'll be time to comeback home but not before your dad garbs you in a headlock as a speeding police car with it's sirens going pass with you dad shouting "he's here, he's here, I've got him"....."get off dad, I'm 26....I'll break ya back". When you arrive back home to a house thats immaculately tidy, your overall Peter Kay rating will be scored depending on how you dealt with all the situations, and if you ever did get your money back for the holiday. Once you have scored 100% completion you should then unlock snippets from the DVD/Video itself giving you even more to laugh at!

Booked it, packed it, ******off!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.