GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell Stuff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:31
Regular
Taken from C&VG

---------------

Full respect to Ubi Soft, which is doing more than most presently to take full advantage of the myriad possibilities offered by linking GameCube and GBA together. Following a wealth of additional material for Rayman 3, the French company has now released details of its next link-up game, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.

By attaching GBA to GC, via the special link-up cable, Nintendo's handheld can be used as a radar and mini-map for protagonist Sam Fisher, helping him negotiate the painfully tough missions in the game. Furthermore, GBA can be used as a remote-control device for use with weapons, including the GameCube-exclusive sticky bomb.

But for Nintendo owners with access to both games, that's not all. Clock the GC version and this will enable you to unlock a further five brand new missions on GBA. Winner.

GBA and GC versions of Splinter Cell release in Europe on June 5.

---------------

Looks like developers are finally beginning to unlock the brilliance of that little cable. It's too bad though that I won't actually buy the GBA game, why would I want it if it's on my GC. Here's hoping you won't need the GBA game to unlock the GC's specials.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:35
Regular
Radar? Pah, I completed the game on Hard and Normal without getting shot once on either attempt! I am a true Special Forces agent. I have ordered Broadband so it will be activated as of next Friday so I will be able to download the extra missions and weapons as promised :) Don't think I will pick up the GameCube version.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:34
Regular
YAY, when i first heard of the GBA and GC connectivity i was a bit unsure, what i saw planned ahead was it being used only by nintendo, which dont get me wrong, i love nintendo and what ever ideas they use for GBA to GC will be amazing.

But now other companies are getting invovled and the connectivity will be used more and more, even if it is just an extra radar or weapon, its something the other consoles wont have, and something im NOW very intrested in seeing the developments in the furture.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:31
Regular
Damn, looks like I'll need to resort to the 50 quid a 1 and 25 quid a 2 for my Standard grades, that should get me about £350 quid.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm......birthday present methinks.

Hmmm.......and driving stuff.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:11
Regular
I think that it will probably be a more detailed radar on the GBA.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:59
"For the horde!!!!"
Dose that mean there is no radar in the GC version without a GBA?
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:55
Regular
Yes,
"THROW THE STICKY BOMB SAM!!"
"It's stuck to my hand!!"
"Oh dear..."
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:48
Regular
GC exclusive weapon huh?

Considering the downloadable missions are already in the GC version, and now this, I would say the GC version is the best.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:31
Regular
Taken from C&VG

---------------

Full respect to Ubi Soft, which is doing more than most presently to take full advantage of the myriad possibilities offered by linking GameCube and GBA together. Following a wealth of additional material for Rayman 3, the French company has now released details of its next link-up game, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.

By attaching GBA to GC, via the special link-up cable, Nintendo's handheld can be used as a radar and mini-map for protagonist Sam Fisher, helping him negotiate the painfully tough missions in the game. Furthermore, GBA can be used as a remote-control device for use with weapons, including the GameCube-exclusive sticky bomb.

But for Nintendo owners with access to both games, that's not all. Clock the GC version and this will enable you to unlock a further five brand new missions on GBA. Winner.

GBA and GC versions of Splinter Cell release in Europe on June 5.

---------------

Looks like developers are finally beginning to unlock the brilliance of that little cable. It's too bad though that I won't actually buy the GBA game, why would I want it if it's on my GC. Here's hoping you won't need the GBA game to unlock the GC's specials.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.