GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Look into my crystal ball"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/03/03 at 20:28
Regular
Many people that I know have purchased an X Box or PS2 and say to me that the Gamecube isn’t in their league. They say it will end up like the Nintendo 64. I am shocked and actually annoyed with people repeatedly telling me this. I disagree totally with everyone and reckon the Gamecube will do fine in the future. All this talk about the future and failures has got me thinking as to what the future does actually hold for the little purple box. So here is my predictions as to what events will occur to the Gamecube in the future.

PS: This is not actually what will happen in the future and if it any of my predictions are correct the I’m sure it is just magic.

2003 sees the Gamecube taking a new turn. After the huge success of Metroid Prime and Legend Of Zelda Nintendo announce an all new Zelda game is currently under development. People around the world rejoice at the news and immediately send flowers and chocolates to Nintendo.

After these two great releases we are finally given proper details on the online situation. Mario Kart will be Online along with Mario Party, Animal Forest, Pokemon and Pikmin 2. This news applies to Europe and finally we can rest at the thought of Gamecube doing a U turn on itself and becoming a failure.

Mario Kart Online is released just before Christmas in Europe and we are not let down by Nintendo once again. All new characters are included like Captain Olimar, Diddy Kong, Link and Waluigi. The online capabilities make this game possibly the best selling of all time and also the most anticipated. People all over the world can race each other in a 16 kart race and after a month Mario Kart is named the most successful online game ever! Phew!

Pikmin 2 is finally released too and to everyones surprise the game is never launched online. This is a disappointment to everyone, but the game manages to provide excellent gameplay and include all new fun activities including green, black and white Pikmin. Here’s a little something to get your tastebuds tingling. Green climb trees, black are rare and have all the capabilities of the other Pikmin and white grow and transform into another type after a day or so. It also turns out that four players can play at any one time instead of two and this makes for a massive battle of the fittest. Even though the game wasn’t online Miyamoto assured us an online battle version would be released early next year.

Mario Party online has been delayed till next year but Nintendo have supplied the stuff with great games released also including F-Zero and Soul Calibur 2. (By the way Soul Calibur 2 include Mario, Luigi and Donkey Kong in the final version and also F-Zero featured the track from Smash Bros. where you can see Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu and others battling on a platform above.

2004 and with the launch of online capabilities last year 3rd party publishers finally wake up and run back to Nintendo. Tony Hawk 5 and 6 are released this year both being a major success and also unexpectedly a Rayman 4 which gave Mario Sunshine a run for it’s money.

Mario Party online is released and was a success with up to 6 people on the board at once, teams of three on each side available and also updated downloadable mini games off the web. Starfox GC is released and Namco after the success of Soul Calibur 2 thought nothing could stop them. They were right as the game has all the qualities of the original and also an option to go online and download upgrades for your ship and new levels.

Miyamoto didn’t disappoint Pikmin fans that year as believe it or not Pikmin Melee is released. This involves your basic “explosive Pikmin”, “Pikmin Bloodshed and also “Die! Die! Die!” matches. All fun and exciting.

Donkey Kong is released later that year and sells over 1 million copies in the UK alone after the first day! Diddy Kong and others are featured in this excellent platformer making this an instant classic. Resident Evil 4 is released on the 24th of December and to everyone’s surprise it is pre rendered yet again. But the game is a major success with famous celebrities making appearances as zombies. The cast included Matthew Perry and Ozzy Osbourne. Capcom had problems trying to make him look any more zombieish though. Capcom also announce they will make a Resident Evil 5 for 2005.

Super Mario 128 is released at the beginning of 2005 and is every bit like Mario 64 but better. The classic sand, water and grass levels are reintroduced and Super Mario 128 is announced as the best selling platformer ever! Resident Evil is actually released in early June and finally we get a new control system and also fully rendered backgrounds. This is announced as the final version of the Resident Evil collection and will finally answer the impossible questions of what the hell is going on. I won’t tell you but it ends up with an experiment going wrong and the whole world exploding. Oooops! Sorry!

2006 is the year Gamecube is finally put down. After being awarded the Nobel Prize and also knighted it is finally over. But that isn’t to say it’s actually over as Nintendo will release a new console in 2007. It will be called the Gamearena.

So there you have it, the future in my eyes and hopefully in all you Nintendo fans out there. Remember stay true to your console and never give up hope.

Thanks for reading
Thu 13/03/03 at 22:28
"For the horde!!!!"
Dringo wrote:
> Pringle28 wrote:
> not a bad preconception my young precon (for poeple who havnt seen
> minority report just ignore me.) However rare will not be making
> anymore games for the gC so I think we can say goodbye to another
> starfox game.
>
> Star fox Armarda is still in development by Namco exclusivly for the
> Nintendo Gamecube.
>
> RARE DO NOT OWN STAR FOX DAMMIT!

WE KNOW
Thu 13/03/03 at 20:50
Regular
Pringle28 wrote:
> not a bad preconception my young precon (for poeple who havnt seen
> minority report just ignore me.) However rare will not be making
> anymore games for the gC so I think we can say goodbye to another
> starfox game.

Star fox Armarda is still in development by Namco exclusivly for the Nintendo Gamecube.

RARE DO NOT OWN STAR FOX DAMMIT!
Thu 13/03/03 at 20:38
Regular
"Festivus!"
So hopeful....

If only everything happened like that.

I wish it die.

Yay.
Thu 13/03/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
not a bad preconception my young precon (for poeple who havnt seen minority report just ignore me.) However rare will not be making anymore games for the gC so I think we can say goodbye to another starfox game. another thing: why would luigi, mario and yoshi be put in soul calibur 2! then it would just be identicale to smash brothers! Have you seen the shots of link in it? he looks better than ever!
Thu 13/03/03 at 20:35
Regular
I don't think Mario Kart will go Online but will still be deathly original.

As for Mario 128 I think you're being a tad pessemistic with 2005... i'd say September 2004 especially as its due for a Christmas 2003 release in Japan.
Thu 13/03/03 at 20:32
"Lamer-24:7"
Ooooooooooookay then....also i will be banned soon
Thu 13/03/03 at 20:32
Regular
Most of that won't happen.

Except the bits about Pikmin 2 and Mario Kart being brilliant.
Thu 13/03/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Many people that I know have purchased an X Box or PS2 and say to me that the Gamecube isn’t in their league. They say it will end up like the Nintendo 64. I am shocked and actually annoyed with people repeatedly telling me this. I disagree totally with everyone and reckon the Gamecube will do fine in the future. All this talk about the future and failures has got me thinking as to what the future does actually hold for the little purple box. So here is my predictions as to what events will occur to the Gamecube in the future.

PS: This is not actually what will happen in the future and if it any of my predictions are correct the I’m sure it is just magic.

2003 sees the Gamecube taking a new turn. After the huge success of Metroid Prime and Legend Of Zelda Nintendo announce an all new Zelda game is currently under development. People around the world rejoice at the news and immediately send flowers and chocolates to Nintendo.

After these two great releases we are finally given proper details on the online situation. Mario Kart will be Online along with Mario Party, Animal Forest, Pokemon and Pikmin 2. This news applies to Europe and finally we can rest at the thought of Gamecube doing a U turn on itself and becoming a failure.

Mario Kart Online is released just before Christmas in Europe and we are not let down by Nintendo once again. All new characters are included like Captain Olimar, Diddy Kong, Link and Waluigi. The online capabilities make this game possibly the best selling of all time and also the most anticipated. People all over the world can race each other in a 16 kart race and after a month Mario Kart is named the most successful online game ever! Phew!

Pikmin 2 is finally released too and to everyones surprise the game is never launched online. This is a disappointment to everyone, but the game manages to provide excellent gameplay and include all new fun activities including green, black and white Pikmin. Here’s a little something to get your tastebuds tingling. Green climb trees, black are rare and have all the capabilities of the other Pikmin and white grow and transform into another type after a day or so. It also turns out that four players can play at any one time instead of two and this makes for a massive battle of the fittest. Even though the game wasn’t online Miyamoto assured us an online battle version would be released early next year.

Mario Party online has been delayed till next year but Nintendo have supplied the stuff with great games released also including F-Zero and Soul Calibur 2. (By the way Soul Calibur 2 include Mario, Luigi and Donkey Kong in the final version and also F-Zero featured the track from Smash Bros. where you can see Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu and others battling on a platform above.

2004 and with the launch of online capabilities last year 3rd party publishers finally wake up and run back to Nintendo. Tony Hawk 5 and 6 are released this year both being a major success and also unexpectedly a Rayman 4 which gave Mario Sunshine a run for it’s money.

Mario Party online is released and was a success with up to 6 people on the board at once, teams of three on each side available and also updated downloadable mini games off the web. Starfox GC is released and Namco after the success of Soul Calibur 2 thought nothing could stop them. They were right as the game has all the qualities of the original and also an option to go online and download upgrades for your ship and new levels.

Miyamoto didn’t disappoint Pikmin fans that year as believe it or not Pikmin Melee is released. This involves your basic “explosive Pikmin”, “Pikmin Bloodshed and also “Die! Die! Die!” matches. All fun and exciting.

Donkey Kong is released later that year and sells over 1 million copies in the UK alone after the first day! Diddy Kong and others are featured in this excellent platformer making this an instant classic. Resident Evil 4 is released on the 24th of December and to everyone’s surprise it is pre rendered yet again. But the game is a major success with famous celebrities making appearances as zombies. The cast included Matthew Perry and Ozzy Osbourne. Capcom had problems trying to make him look any more zombieish though. Capcom also announce they will make a Resident Evil 5 for 2005.

Super Mario 128 is released at the beginning of 2005 and is every bit like Mario 64 but better. The classic sand, water and grass levels are reintroduced and Super Mario 128 is announced as the best selling platformer ever! Resident Evil is actually released in early June and finally we get a new control system and also fully rendered backgrounds. This is announced as the final version of the Resident Evil collection and will finally answer the impossible questions of what the hell is going on. I won’t tell you but it ends up with an experiment going wrong and the whole world exploding. Oooops! Sorry!

2006 is the year Gamecube is finally put down. After being awarded the Nobel Prize and also knighted it is finally over. But that isn’t to say it’s actually over as Nintendo will release a new console in 2007. It will be called the Gamearena.

So there you have it, the future in my eyes and hopefully in all you Nintendo fans out there. Remember stay true to your console and never give up hope.

Thanks for reading

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.