GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your favourite mug?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/07/07 at 23:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Oh come on! We all have favourite mugs! They're all different shapes, sizes, colours and have lots of weird, wacky, strange and funny designs in them. Some are patterned, some have pictures, so have illustrations, some are just plain colours, some just look good,

I thought of this topic because I just got lumbered with making the tea. When several cups of tea are made like that in my house, no matter who makes the tea, we all have our own cup-style, sort of. Really, the mug or cup that we get doesn't matter one little bit, but we generally end up giving the same sorts of cups to the same people, out of habit.

I like the bigger cups, but not the very big ones. We have some very large ones which came with Easter eggs this year, KitKat and Aero ones, but those are a little bit too big for me. I like the ones which are more "square" if you were to look at them directly from the side. I don't really care which of those cups I get, but those are the size I like.Probably my favourite mug based on appearance is one which was picked up as a souvenir by my mum from Cyprus when she went on holiday without any of us, but with her half of the family (eg. my cousins and aunt).
Thu 12/07/07 at 19:25
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Sunflower.
Mon 09/07/07 at 16:26
Regular
"I may return"
I hate mugs :)
Mon 09/07/07 at 16:08
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
when i was little i had a mug that had a 3d face on it and if i poured something cold into it it said "brrr weres my wolly hat" or if i poured somthing hot into it then it would say "ouch cool down hunny"!!!
Sun 08/07/07 at 13:45
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Biggie Little Jr wrote:

> You do love a good pint glass don't you?

heh yeah :)

I get funny looks when i ask for a pint of Vodka though.
Fri 06/07/07 at 08:13
"possibly impossible"
Got loads up in the loft, a Batman one from the 1989 film, Ghostbusters II one, 2 Fortean Times cups (one of which I use at work, so I guess that's defaulted as my favourite), Wallace and Gromit one with the red nose, couple of Simpsons ones, TMNT one from the original film, one from Kennedy Space Centre, rugrats and loads more.

No idea why I keep them all, to be honest...
Fri 06/07/07 at 06:08
Regular
"8==="
Depends on what I'm drinking.
Fri 06/07/07 at 04:19
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
There's something slighly surreal about replying to a post about coffee mugs at 4:15am but perhaps it's a consequence of being incredibly bored and having zero social life.

That aside, my "Only my computer understands me" is my favourite mug, which oddly enough was given to me by my half sister who doesn't know much about me and yet who had the insight to know that the statement perfectly summed me up. Except that would be a paradox, because she'd have to understand me too to realise that I'd find the mug's statement so apt.

My second favourite mug is more functional, it too arrived under an Easter Egg and holds about a pint, great for when I need a caffeine fix.
Fri 06/07/07 at 00:21
"LOLLERSKATES!"
@ngeI wrote:
> Don get me started on Mugs. I use to have stack loads of them all
> different but now there is only 3 odd mugs in m house, the rest
> are sets.
>
> The 2 mugs i have are black ceramic look like pint glasses, this
> was for my mate and i also got my sisters boyfriend one too. The
> other is mine and it has ET on it :P

You do love a good pint glass don't you?
Fri 06/07/07 at 00:07
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Don get me started on Mugs. I use to have stack loads of them all different but now there is only 3 odd mugs in m house, the rest are sets.

The 2 mugs i have are black ceramic look like pint glasses, this was for my mate and i also got my sisters boyfriend one too. The other is mine and it has ET on it :P
Thu 05/07/07 at 23:48
Regular
"cheesecake! mmmm"
my other half has always wanted a big stich mug from the disney store.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.