GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh the humanity of it all!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 22:56
Regular
Why do the good people of gaming industries do this to us. They almost always manage to ruin games by making bodies dissappear. It looks so tacky. On Half-Life for the PS2, bodies just fade away and on Head Hunter they flash a couple of times and then dissappear. What is the point. I love the good ol' recent-ish days where if you blew all limbs off the bloke on Soldier of Fortune, there'd just be a body without arms or legs life-less on the floor. Support me on this one people.
Sat 22/12/01 at 17:27
Regular
"  "
Shocktrooper wrote:
> *Bows down to ol' wise Wookie*

Listen to this man - he knows what he's on
> about!

:D

SHOCKY

He does??
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:46
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
*Bows down to ol' wise Wookie*

Listen to this man - he knows what he's on about!

:D

SHOCKY
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:42
"High polygon count"
I agree it is unrealistic, but there are at least two reasons...

1. A pile of non-disappearing bodies could block corridors/doors making it hard to move around.

2. The more bodies lying around, the more memory taken up, the more polygons required, the slower the game becomes as you kill more people.
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:08
I disagree..
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:02
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Thank you for agreeing with me.
Fri 21/12/01 at 23:01
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
i agree.

It can be useful cos if you don't know if youve been somwhere you can always tell if there are heaps of corpses lying around.

In PD on n64 bodies did vanish but it took a while an dblood splats stayed even longer so you could tell where you had been most of the time.

Also its more real that way.
Fri 21/12/01 at 22:56
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Why do the good people of gaming industries do this to us. They almost always manage to ruin games by making bodies dissappear. It looks so tacky. On Half-Life for the PS2, bodies just fade away and on Head Hunter they flash a couple of times and then dissappear. What is the point. I love the good ol' recent-ish days where if you blew all limbs off the bloke on Soldier of Fortune, there'd just be a body without arms or legs life-less on the floor. Support me on this one people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.