GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Still things to do on DC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/03/03 at 15:25
Regular
While I still dust down my Dreamcast for a go on Crazy Taxi or Virtua Tennis every so often, I prefer to tinker with the amazingly open architecture of the machine through the use of websites.

There are a fair few Dreamcast sites out there that host programming teams working on everything from new games to emulators and movie players.

Now Quake is open source, there are versions of both I and II ported to the Dreamcast, with an easily downloadable image file that simply needs to be used in most CD copying software such as Nero or Adaptec. The ports are very nice, even allowing the use of customisable buttons and saving.

The Div X player allows you to use the Dreamcast to watch movies downloaded from the net, including cult cartoons and old series (not that I would condone getting new movies) and the encoding means you can usually fit a whole movie on 1 CD in fairly good quality.

There's plenty out there for you to play around with as well and some of the projects even have their own downloadable covers to make them look nice in your DC collection. So get out there and get downloading!
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:45
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> Hey pb, you got any links for some stuff I could have a look at?
>
> Sounds interesting!

The Best is

http://www.dcemulation.com/
Wed 26/03/03 at 14:26
Regular
Hi i have a question and hope to god someone knows cause its been buggin me for the last 3 days now.

Who knows a site where they have managed to get all the notebook completed as i have got just 2 notes missing from another walkthru/ guide i printed off.

I have no clue what so ever as to how to fill it all in so please help me.
Tue 25/03/03 at 14:29
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Hey pb, you got any links for some stuff I could have a look at?

Sounds interesting!
Tue 25/03/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
an you name some sites that I can visit.

BB
Fri 14/03/03 at 22:40
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Aye theres alot,

Like the MP3 player and the VCD player.

Aint got a CD burner though :(

: P
Fri 14/03/03 at 15:25
"possibly impossible"
While I still dust down my Dreamcast for a go on Crazy Taxi or Virtua Tennis every so often, I prefer to tinker with the amazingly open architecture of the machine through the use of websites.

There are a fair few Dreamcast sites out there that host programming teams working on everything from new games to emulators and movie players.

Now Quake is open source, there are versions of both I and II ported to the Dreamcast, with an easily downloadable image file that simply needs to be used in most CD copying software such as Nero or Adaptec. The ports are very nice, even allowing the use of customisable buttons and saving.

The Div X player allows you to use the Dreamcast to watch movies downloaded from the net, including cult cartoons and old series (not that I would condone getting new movies) and the encoding means you can usually fit a whole movie on 1 CD in fairly good quality.

There's plenty out there for you to play around with as well and some of the projects even have their own downloadable covers to make them look nice in your DC collection. So get out there and get downloading!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.