GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows Live Messenger"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/07/07 at 20:37
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Hey everyone...

My Windows Live Messenger wont even open...you know how you normally click the logo on the desktop or choose it from the programs list, whenever i click it there is no response from the PC, the screen doesnt come up to let you put your address and password in

Anyone know why this is? Anyone know how to solve it?

Please let me know, its been annoying me looooads!

Thanks in advance :)
Tue 10/07/07 at 00:06
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Cheers, i did that and sumbmitted the result thing to a site for analysis...hopefully they will tell me what needs deleting!
Mon 09/07/07 at 22:02
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Download hijackthis. Quick start guide here.
Mon 09/07/07 at 21:57
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I can't get on Messenger either.
Mon 09/07/07 at 21:42
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Ah gaaawd! Still not sorted, and to add to it Paint has decided to stop working as well :s
Sat 07/07/07 at 00:34
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Cheers for that, im just sticking with using old Windows Messenger at the moment and me mum says shes gettin someone from work to sort it so hopefully ill be back on Windows Live Messenger soon!
Fri 06/07/07 at 10:55
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Run Norton Live Update and do a full scan. If that doesn't pick up anything then take a look in the Norton logs for the entry when Norton warned you about the trojan. It may say what is was called, in which case you can google to find out how to scan and check if you have really been infected and how to remove it.
You may want to read this and this, although I take no responsibility for any advice given on those pages!
Thu 05/07/07 at 21:01
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I tried that it still dont work! Was doin loads of stuff for like 3 hours last night.

Uninstalled it, Reinstalled it...still the same

Tried doin a system restore but apparently it wouldnt do it because nothing had changed since now and 3 days ago.

I had a message from Norton last night pop up saying that i was being attacked by a trojan horse, but then not long after another one popped up saying that Norton had fixed it and my pc was now safe...im wondering if it did manage to do any damage, but dont know how to fix it if it has :s
Thu 05/07/07 at 20:52
"LOLLERSKATES!"
If you've still got the installer on your desktop, then just uninstall messenger and then install it again it'll only take a few minutes.
Thu 05/07/07 at 20:37
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Hey everyone...

My Windows Live Messenger wont even open...you know how you normally click the logo on the desktop or choose it from the programs list, whenever i click it there is no response from the PC, the screen doesnt come up to let you put your address and password in

Anyone know why this is? Anyone know how to solve it?

Please let me know, its been annoying me looooads!

Thanks in advance :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.