GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem with Rec'd Email"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/10/11 at 08:08
Regular
Anyone else having problems receiving email this morning?

Task 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.freeolamail.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Temporary authentication failure.'

and also being asked to 'Enter Network Password'.

When trying to view my outlook account in gmail I am getting the following msg:

Authentication error.
Server returned error "Temporary authentication failure."

Laura
Tue 18/10/11 at 09:14
"Are you sure?"
All seems to be resolved now - Status Page item closed etc. :¬)

It's probably worth stating when posting email issues in the forum whether it's 'Standard Email' or 'Email Pro' to save anyone getting confused.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 18/10/11 at 08:24
Regular
I've submitted a support request by email, but if there is a problem I just wish someone would post a status update. At least I wouldn't be left wondering if it was just me.

Think it's going to be one of those days... my web stats (through another company) are currently down to a database error.

Wondering now what's going to be the third thing to go awry!

Post Script:

We now have a status update and engineers are aware of the problem.
Tue 18/10/11 at 08:16
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
might be something to with it : I just tried to go into email settings and got the following:

There has been an error processing your request. Our engineers have been made aware of this error and will work to resolve it shortly.
[I]
If you would like more information, or to contact our support technicians, please call 0871 210 9977 (calls are charged at 10 pence per minute from a BT landline, charges may vary from other networks or mobiles) or by sending us a free online Support Request.
[I]
Tue 18/10/11 at 08:08
Regular
Anyone else having problems receiving email this morning?

Task 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.freeolamail.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Temporary authentication failure.'

and also being asked to 'Enter Network Password'.

When trying to view my outlook account in gmail I am getting the following msg:

Authentication error.
Server returned error "Temporary authentication failure."

Laura

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.