GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will it WorK??? PS2,Region X etc etc"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 18:25
Regular
I have a PS2 and am getting Region X to sort out the green screen (just fitted a true RGB scart and WOW what a difference on games) If I buy Planet of the Apes in Region 1 will it work OK. My TV is a 5 year old Sony and in the specs it says Colour System:
PAL
NTSC 3.58 (video input only)
NTSC 4.43 (video input only)
Will this work OK or are there any problems I might experience..any help greatly appreciated.
Mon 17/10/11 at 14:44
For those that may be strapped for time and cant make the Gisburn ride, do you fancy a local ride starting at 5:45 from the Hare & Hounds or Rivington?

Let me know.....

Paul
07972 710 440
Sat 22/12/01 at 12:19
Thanks guys will let you know if it works OK when I get the DVD and RegionX
Fri 21/12/01 at 21:19
Yep, my only complaint with Region X was that Region 1 discs seem to look over-colourful.

It's possibly my TV though (28" Ferguson) as I've had a few visual glitches with it.
Fri 21/12/01 at 20:08
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Had a look on my TV and I can change the colour system from PAL to NTSC 4,4. So this maybe 4.43. If it is you should have no problems using region 1 DVD;s. I use my PS2 connected via a RGB lead and use the region changer on the Action Replay 2 V2 card.
Fri 21/12/01 at 19:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Ben - PS2 Addict! wrote:
> I dont really know - it looks like it will but I think its a case of try and
> see??
I will say that I highly recommend Action Replay Version 2 instead of DVD
> region x. It has DVD region x included and a memory card manager and of course
> the action replay database of cheats which is absolutely amazing and is only
> £9 more.

I recommend this aswell. I have it and its brilliant as it does what Region - X does and its the cheat system aswell. With this you need to insert the every time to change the region aswell as the action replay card(Looks like a memory card).

Should work ok on the TV you have. Mine is probably about 4 years old in design(Had it for 3 and a half years). You do need the RGB lead which you have. Everything should work ok but I would recommend the Action Replay 2 V2 as for the extra little bit of money its alot of extras.
Fri 21/12/01 at 19:40
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
As Ben said before, action replay 2 V2 is better, as it only costs about a tenner more than Region X (if you get it from the right price) and it has the extra functions such as the memory manager, and of course the actual cheats. It also means you don't have to install Region X on your memory card, as it is on the AR card supplied.

The only problem with AR2 V2 when playing DVD's is you have to select it from the menu, which won't take long (about 5 seconds), but is less convinient than Region X.
Fri 21/12/01 at 19:32
"High polygon count"
In my experience, Region 1 DVDs are fine with Region X. However another poster here - MR. COATES - has 'strange colours' when playing R1 discs. The only way to know for sure is to buy it and see, unless of course you know someone with Region X who can let you borrow it to test.

Region X doesn't wipe your memory card either. I have the Region X save on a memory card along with my updated DVD driver software, which comes with the official Sony remote control, and it's fine.

And finally - no, Region X doesn't let you play VCD's.
Fri 21/12/01 at 19:10
I dont really know - it looks like it will but I think its a case of try and see??
I will say that I highly recommend Action Replay Version 2 instead of DVD region x. It has DVD region x included and a memory card manager and of course the action replay database of cheats which is absolutely amazing and is only £9 more.
Fri 21/12/01 at 18:50
Regular
And can region x allow you to play vcds?
Fri 21/12/01 at 18:48
Also does Region X need a blank memory card or can it just install on an existing one that has save data already on it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.