GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Superstitious?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/10/11 at 08:16
Regular
"I like turtles"
Anyone on here superstitious at all? Do have to get out bed on the same side every morning or have a specific number of certain coloured goldfish in a designated corner of your house? Does anyone have any experience of anyone who has had unbelievably good/bad luck by carrying out these sort of things? Got to admit I have never heard of anyone being beaten to death by a four leaved clover so I suppose there could be some truth in it? Do you use numbers that are relevant to you (birthdays etc.) to pick your lottery numbers?, if so had any luck with this? Or like me do you believe that everything in life is down to pure chance and these kind of things do not influence the outcome of anything we do in life? That of course has been my experience but would be interested to hear of anyone who has had different experiences.

If there is any truth in this sort of thing then I should win a GAD for starting this thread as it took me absolutely ages to write as I typed it using my lucky rabbits foot whilst my arms, legs and fingers were all crossed.
Fri 14/10/11 at 08:16
Regular
"I like turtles"
Anyone on here superstitious at all? Do have to get out bed on the same side every morning or have a specific number of certain coloured goldfish in a designated corner of your house? Does anyone have any experience of anyone who has had unbelievably good/bad luck by carrying out these sort of things? Got to admit I have never heard of anyone being beaten to death by a four leaved clover so I suppose there could be some truth in it? Do you use numbers that are relevant to you (birthdays etc.) to pick your lottery numbers?, if so had any luck with this? Or like me do you believe that everything in life is down to pure chance and these kind of things do not influence the outcome of anything we do in life? That of course has been my experience but would be interested to hear of anyone who has had different experiences.

If there is any truth in this sort of thing then I should win a GAD for starting this thread as it took me absolutely ages to write as I typed it using my lucky rabbits foot whilst my arms, legs and fingers were all crossed.
Fri 14/10/11 at 18:40
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I've always been a believer that superstition is a load of old bunk. What side of the bed you get up on, or the pants you are wearing that day, are not going to have no affect on whether or not you get hit by a car that morning.

I think that superstitions are just little things that certain people need to get through their day, small psychological boosts that help these people get up and about in the 'safe' knowledge that things are going to go their way. I believe that anybody who has a logical outlook on life simply wouldn't think this way and, while superstitions aren't necessarily a bad thing, I will always consider people that put a lot of faith in them as 'not quite right'.
Fri 14/10/11 at 23:49
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah, agree with pretty much all of that Butch. Some people I know do seem to take this bunkem extremely seriously though. Suppose their not doing anyone any harm but I do find it all a bit weird TBH.
Sat 15/10/11 at 08:42
"possibly impossible"
If you think about it, people who believe these things wouldn't (or shouldn't) admit to them being superstition, otherwise they're practically saying they believe in something that shouldn't be believed in.
Sat 15/10/11 at 08:47
Regular
I'm not superstitious. If people want to believe all that and it works for them good luck to it. Its only what your led to believe while growing up. When your young you believe anything. The older I got the wiser I became.
Sat 15/10/11 at 09:37
Regular
"I like turtles"
Warhunt wrote:
I've put the numbers that I picked on the lottery too. You know, because...

Knew there was one amongst us.
Sat 15/10/11 at 09:47
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Errr Pete...... wrong thread :) (Nevermind I see what you were doing). I don't think that's superstition though, more "not tempting fate". Like why I play the syndi at work. If everyone else won it and I didn't.... well I just wouldn't want that to happen :D

I am not superstitious but I do not walk on drains (it's just not right) and I won't walk under ladders.

I don't like it when people do the whole "I hope you don't die" or "I'll see later..................... if I'm alive hah hah" this, as it's just not right.

I prefer to think of it as tempting fate. Even if you don't believe, why is it worth it to find out?

Maybe I am superstitious then. Meh.
Sat 15/10/11 at 10:01
Regular
Maybe you are Warhunt. :)
Sat 15/10/11 at 10:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
So maybe it's being wary and not superstitious?
Sat 15/10/11 at 10:27
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I would agree with DL, but some say I am. Who knows? It's how I roll whatever it's called :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.