GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox live in lack of support shock lol"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/03/03 at 18:08
Regular
Taken from www.spong.com

Eidos and EA not too keen.

Microsoft's European Xbox Live roll out gets underway today with the Internet service launching across eight countries. But despite the fact that the American giant is the first of the three main console manufacturers to establish network support on both sides of the Atlantic, its control over the system and management of subscriptions is putting off some major industry players.

This is the main concern of Eidos, who claim that Microsoft's intended monopoly over subscriptions leaves them with no incentive to collaborate.

"We're not supporting Xbox Live for the time being because we don't feel comfortable with Microsoft's business model - they own the consumer'', Eidos Chief Exec Mike McGarvey said last week. A spokesman for EA said merely, "We have no plans for online games with Xbox because we couldn't agree on the terms,''

So it seems that Microsoft's evil plans to take over the world have been mirrored in its latest venture - something that hasn't gone down too well with two of the bigger publishers. If this lack of support is to escalate, it may not bode well for Xbox Live in the future

ha ha
Fri 21/03/03 at 00:30
"Lemon eyewash"
e-mailed so read that ok ;) sorted
Thu 20/03/03 at 20:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Master - send me your mobile number mate to my hotmail address cause I might be getting out early tomorrow depending on how busy the place is. So I could be getting out at 12:30.
If you get your number to me I can text you from work if I get out early. ;-)

If you don't get a text though then I'll be getting out at 5:30. :-)
Thu 20/03/03 at 20:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yeah..but.

I couldn't care less.

There are better things in life.

Sun......
Thu 20/03/03 at 20:00
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I think a better topic would be "GC online in lack of support shock rofl!!!!"

Don't you think?
Thu 20/03/03 at 17:11
"Lemon eyewash"
phi11ip wrote:
> You're a sad git Untitled.
>
> I mean, you're laughing at your own unfunny jokes...
>
> lol

yeah and everyone knows it's only me that is allowed to do that LOL
Thu 20/03/03 at 12:22
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You're a sad git Untitled.

I mean, you're laughing at your own unfunny jokes...

lol
Thu 20/03/03 at 09:36
"slightlyshortertagl"
By attempting to break down that last paragrah and compltely destroying your argument I would be wasting my time and energy, instead I'll sit back and laugh at your stupidity
Thu 20/03/03 at 09:31
Regular
"aliens exist"
Its a fact that x box live or (EX BOX)as its known in the industry, lol, has been an embarrasment after all the media hype surrounding, it, what did they expect, who wants to play demo games?? errrrr no one, and look at them wow a motorbike racing game, whoo hooo, why did they choose this??? i think its because of the popularity of such games errrrrrrrrrrr wot??????? (but their notr popular, at all!), 'i know, jsut shows how much microsift know about gaming'

lol,
Thu 20/03/03 at 00:35
"Lemon eyewash"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Wanna earn yourself £10 this Friday mate ? ;-) I need to get
> to Basildon to pick up a few games, so if you can pick me up from
> work and get me there before 6pm - £10 is yours. ;-))

going once........going twice.........sold to the master who just had to fork out £44 for a new car battery D'oh

cheers mate it will be put into "get the master x box live" foundation.

i know where it is now you work, i'll wait outside matalan as your near that huh? just gimmie the time to be there, 5:30pm aint it?
Tue 18/03/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Remember me?"
~X The Master X~ wrote:
> Anyway, Untitled go out and try something new - preferably suicide.
> I've heard they've made over £14,000,000 for you so far
> tonight
> - good luck mate.
>
> LMAO classic

Yeah I liked that one too, lol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.