GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Joypads and football, will they ever get it right?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 10:29
Regular
This month saw the release of in my opinion the best footy game for consoles yet, Pro Evolution Soccer 2.

I have waited for years for a game that would be near on a perfect simulation of the great game of football.
There have been some half decent attempts in the past, mainly by the good old EAsports with there FIFA series and even Rages Sensible Soccer was one not to be forgotten but there was always something lacking in these.

They were too arcade for me and didn't manage to grab any realism.You never quite had full control over your player, nor did you get that feeling as if you were actually there in the stadium getting so involved in the action that when the oppostition scores you get all emotional and launch your pad across the room. Maybe thats just me!

Then came ISS which was a step in the right direction but yet again wasn`t perfect and although it had some stuff that FIFA didn`t it seemed to miss out the good stuff that FIFA did have. There wasn`t as many moves to pull off and graphically it just wasn`t quite the same.
Oh yeh and then there was Terry Butcher.......

After all the hype of Pro Evolution I couldnt wait to get a copy, don`t get me wrong now I have it I absoloutely adore the game but yes yet again there are such simple things that Konami could have done to make it so much better.

The first thing that shocked me was the fact that Arsenal are called London and Man U are Manchester, rather annoying being a true gooner myself but nevertheless the players are there...well most of them anyway. You do get Greggs instead of Giggs and a few other pathetic lazy shots on target.

Why Can`t there be a Premier League game? In my opinion this would be the biggest seller , using the ISS platform but with full licensing allowing for all of the teams and all players...great! We can all wish a.

I think Konami need to smooth off the edges put a little bit more time in to development, maybe get a few real life chants from the crowd and dispose of Terry Butcher who has brought the worst commentary ever to Football only to be ruined even more on the consoles.
They should get the flags, kits, player names, player looks and even possible a few real refs (maybe not Graham Poll) involved, maybe you could even have your team bench on the sideline showing the manager and crew jumping and shouting as you score!

Realism would sell and all it takes is a bit more time and effort I think, they have the perfect game in Pro Evolution so why not spoil it and take it to the limit.
Fri 21/12/01 at 10:29
This month saw the release of in my opinion the best footy game for consoles yet, Pro Evolution Soccer 2.

I have waited for years for a game that would be near on a perfect simulation of the great game of football.
There have been some half decent attempts in the past, mainly by the good old EAsports with there FIFA series and even Rages Sensible Soccer was one not to be forgotten but there was always something lacking in these.

They were too arcade for me and didn't manage to grab any realism.You never quite had full control over your player, nor did you get that feeling as if you were actually there in the stadium getting so involved in the action that when the oppostition scores you get all emotional and launch your pad across the room. Maybe thats just me!

Then came ISS which was a step in the right direction but yet again wasn`t perfect and although it had some stuff that FIFA didn`t it seemed to miss out the good stuff that FIFA did have. There wasn`t as many moves to pull off and graphically it just wasn`t quite the same.
Oh yeh and then there was Terry Butcher.......

After all the hype of Pro Evolution I couldnt wait to get a copy, don`t get me wrong now I have it I absoloutely adore the game but yes yet again there are such simple things that Konami could have done to make it so much better.

The first thing that shocked me was the fact that Arsenal are called London and Man U are Manchester, rather annoying being a true gooner myself but nevertheless the players are there...well most of them anyway. You do get Greggs instead of Giggs and a few other pathetic lazy shots on target.

Why Can`t there be a Premier League game? In my opinion this would be the biggest seller , using the ISS platform but with full licensing allowing for all of the teams and all players...great! We can all wish a.

I think Konami need to smooth off the edges put a little bit more time in to development, maybe get a few real life chants from the crowd and dispose of Terry Butcher who has brought the worst commentary ever to Football only to be ruined even more on the consoles.
They should get the flags, kits, player names, player looks and even possible a few real refs (maybe not Graham Poll) involved, maybe you could even have your team bench on the sideline showing the manager and crew jumping and shouting as you score!

Realism would sell and all it takes is a bit more time and effort I think, they have the perfect game in Pro Evolution so why not spoil it and take it to the limit.
Fri 21/12/01 at 10:39
Regular
I was going to get this game and then my friend said it was to easy so i decided to get Jak and Daxer.
Fri 21/12/01 at 10:41
Not easy for me, Its a game that takes a lot of practice and a lot harder than the pre-decessors.
What Jak and Daxter like?
I had a demo but didnt think much of it?
Fri 21/12/01 at 10:43
Regular
i aint played it yet its for christmas ican see the box under the tree just crying out to be played well only 4 days to go

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.