GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top 5 games this year"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 10:12
Regular
Hello i ould like to ask you fellow gamers what you think the top 5 games this year are they can be on any format.

Mine would have to be:

1.GTA3
2.Timesplitters(This might be a suprise but i really like it)
3.GT3
4.Shemue
5.Tony Hawks 3
Fri 21/12/01 at 10:12
Regular
Hello i ould like to ask you fellow gamers what you think the top 5 games this year are they can be on any format.

Mine would have to be:

1.GTA3
2.Timesplitters(This might be a suprise but i really like it)
3.GT3
4.Shemue
5.Tony Hawks 3
Fri 21/12/01 at 10:39
Regular
"WWJD"
Mine would be:

1)DMC
2)GTA3
3)SSX Tricky
4)SD3:JBI
5)Red Faction

all on PS2
Fri 21/12/01 at 10:40
Regular
1.SSX tricky
2.GTA3
3.Devil May Cry
4.Jak & Daxter
5.Red Faction
Fri 21/12/01 at 10:51
Regular
1. Grand Theft Auto 3
2. Final fantasy X (import)
3. Pro Evolution Soccer
4. SSX Tricky
5. Spy Hunter
Fri 21/12/01 at 10:53
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
GTA 3
GT3
Z.O.E
SSX Tricky
DMC
Fri 21/12/01 at 11:29
Regular
"Back in black"
Ask a Ninty then ask a PStwoie and you will get different results!!
Fri 21/12/01 at 14:43
1. Shenmue 2 - there is no other game like Yu Suzuki's second installment of what will quite possibly be the greatest gaming series of all time - once you've started playing, you'll become emerged in a whole new wolrd and you won't want to leave - your mind will be focused completely on the game, and nothing else will matter. The visuals and graphical effects are astounding - the game plays so unlike a game, it's an experience unlike any other. I've been in Shenmue 2 for the past few days, it's definitely game of the year in my opinion.

2. GTA3 - Everyone who plays this just doesn't want to leave my house, annoying yes, but it says something about the appeal of a game that lets you steal police cars and go on a complete rampage - the game is great fun, it doesn't take itself too seriously, which is a good thing, and it's home to some excellent lighting effects - an incredible amount of missions and quite possibly the most addictive gameplay in a game on the PS2, other than Tony Hawk's 3 of course...

3. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3! Even though it's below GTA3 in this list, it's still got that fantastic unrivalled addictive gameplay - it's sooo fast that you have to think on your feetm otherwise you'll, well you'll fall over and blood'll smear over the half pipe or something. People are even playing it now as I type, they're not noticing that I'm writing about it but who cares!! Superb soundtrack, amazing graphics again, and more great features - online play is just around the corner so well done NeverSoft!

4. GT3 - Gran Turismo 3 is a brilliant racing game, if you've never played the previous 2 then you'll be wowed by a compelling style of gameplay - not forgetting the almost photo realistic graphics. GT3 also has the best introduction in any racing game I've played to date, but sadly doesn't do so well in the music, but hey - the car engines sound wonderful.

5. Crazy Taxi 2 - yet another sequel, but it's even better than the first one, which of course was one of my all time favorites. The new crazy jump is an excellent feature, as is picking up multiple passengers! It's a top title, that sadly lacked multiplayer credentials, but still - a top5 game this year in my opinion :)

Dan
Fri 21/12/01 at 14:49
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Tricky
THPS3
GT3
GTA3
DMC
Fri 21/12/01 at 15:13
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
for me it has to be (in no particular order):

1. Shenmue 2 (DC)

2. Max Payne (PC)

3. Red Faction (PC)

4. GTA 3 (PS2)

5. Super Mario Kart (GBA)
Fri 21/12/01 at 15:42
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
You have made a good choice but my top five games are
1. Tony Hawk's pro skater 3 (PS2)
2. Pokemon Crystal (GBC)
3. SSX Tricky (PS2)
4. Fifa 2001 (PS2)
5. Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.