GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo GC Monitor"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/12/01 at 23:01
Regular
i just read a review on a third party monitor for the gc it looks awsome maybe even a gba beater.
Fri 28/12/01 at 22:15
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
They allowed me during the flight and when taking off i was like u i want to play on advance and that was like a year and a bit ago

i like the monitor because when you go to places like leeds then you can play and put it in the boot when you leave. If it was 50 quid then maybe.

oh yes I got Black and White (ace game)
Fri 28/12/01 at 11:28
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Planes in Japan probably have clips on the latest consoles and games in development, being so 'advanced' in technology. I bet they don't have to sit there watching Birds of a Feather and other poor excuses for programs like that! They can probably also play N64's, GameCubes and GBA's and the rest while playing. This would be luxury for them, like the Carlsberg advert, where they do their own holiday.
Fri 28/12/01 at 09:41
Regular
On planes they usually show Birds of a Feather, this program is seriously unfunny and annoying.
Thu 27/12/01 at 23:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I wasn't allowed to during take-off, or after! They said you couldn't use ANY electronics!! But what are we sposed to do during 4 hour flights?? The radio stations are BORING, and repeat ever half hour!! The films/TV programs also suck, as the TV's usually broken or you can't see it!
Thu 27/12/01 at 22:33
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, never mind if you die, as long as the GC is safe!!!

Anyway, I was allowed to play my GB on a plane, just not during take off and landing...
Thu 27/12/01 at 22:28
Regular
"Long time no see!"
You probably wouldn't be allowed to play a GC on a plane. I wasn't allowed my GameBoy on one, and you'd just be drawing un-wanted attention to yourself. But it's still quite a good idea for long car/train journeys. Would you seriously take your precious GameCube on a train, after events over the last year???
Wed 26/12/01 at 15:59
Regular
You pay £100 for the moniter then you have to pay £50 more to get the mains and car adaptor and battery pack.
Wed 26/12/01 at 15:25
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
only point in it is for playing while in a car/ plane/ boat or something like that... but why for £100??? I'm sure you could find something else to amuse yourslef with (no funny comments here!) for a while...
Tue 25/12/01 at 21:34
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
not a bad idea for people who are desperate to make their gc portable but it does'nt look as if it will be much of a success.
Sun 23/12/01 at 17:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Solskjaer_24 wrote:
> I agree with the 'Perfect Agent'. GameBoys are the ultimate portable machines,
> and their success ruined the hopes of Sega with the GameGear, which I thought
> was ok actually!

The GameCube's screen makes it look like a coloured toilet
> of the future, maybe dog sized! It also looks too similar to the PSOnes idea,
> which I don't think is too successfull. Why would you want to take your
> top-quality GameCube into the outside world, and risk damaging it??? And how
> could you play top-quality Nintendo games, with amazing graphics and gameplay
> effects, all together on one tiny little screen??

Spending £100 on a
> screen to make a console portable is a bad idea!!
Nintendo SHOULDN'T go any
> further with it!! What else could you do with a screen anyway?? And where are
> you gunna play a GameCube anyway?? On the bus, walking down a street?? It's a
> bit big, and ISN'T a GameBoy Advance! Don't your friends have TV's when you take
> it round their house??

Anyway, instead of paying £100+ on a tiny
> screen, you could by a decent TV/Video (all-in-one) for EVEN LESS THAN
> £100!! So buying a screen to make a console portable, and that also costs
> over half-as-much as the console did, just really ISN'T worth the money!!

Well said, i would have to agree you can buy a 14" coluor TV for about £75 a little monitor is just plain silly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.