GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ant's Banter-Xmas Edition"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/12/01 at 22:18
Regular
So, I’m sitting down at my PC once again for this special version of Ant’s Banter, which is brought to you by the Premium Sugar Company-the sweetest company in the land.
What am I going to write about today? Well, nothing in particular, but you must beware that I can go into excruciating detail on occasions. Hopefully, that won’t happen tonight. Unless we’re talking about Rhinos of course, who rule.

AirBlade has become shallow and dull. Rather like any of Rasta’s topics, but there we go. I’m now sick to the crapping pants of ‘hovering’ around a couple of small, graphically impressive cities, with the most annoying of soundtracks playing. As I said last time, if I hear “Everybody flip-flop, flip-flop, fly!” or anything reminiscent of that anytime soon, then I shall rip H from Steps’s head off. Although, that would be quite good actually, considering that he is one of the most annoying twonks to appear on the face of the earth, let alone TV. “STOP STICKING YOUR TONGUE OUT YOU IMMATURE GIT!!”

Oh look, my brother’s just whacked his head on a cupboard as I try and slap him around the face for not leaving me alone, and he is now screaming and crying. Ah well, always happens. And now I’ve got my parents saying, “worst Christmas ever thanks to you two!! I’m going to throw all your presents away!” They never actually do it though. And even if they did, I’d still have Father Christmas to keep me satisfied.

I want to tell you a very short story, but one which annoys me immensely. A few days ago, on a Sunday morning, myself and my mother were at home, getting on with daily chores. Well, she was, but I was on the PC *what a surprise!* Anyway, my mum commented that my dad and brother were late coming back from the football (Under 11’s Football, nothing special.) Just a couple of minutes after this, there was a ring at the door. It was my Grandad. Now my Grandad, although a kind and loving person, can on occasions get very flustered and angry. This, was one of those times.
My mum answered, and as I was surfing the web I could hear him screaming at her, “HAS NEIL (my dad) CONTACTED YOU!?!? HAS HE!?”

My mum was shocked to say the least, and had no idea what he was going on about. “HAS HE RANG!?”

“No…why?”

“Oh let me guess, it’s Anthony on that damn Internet again!! The amount of times we can never get through!! Tell him to get off there!!”

“What? Why? What’s happened?”

“Oh, Neil and Luke (brother) have been in a car crash. He’s just phoned me saying he can’t get through to you.”

So in he came, ranting and raving, so I disconnected. My Dad phoned to say they were both fine. Grandad calms down, says he’ll help pay for damages if we need it (my ar*e.)

So what annoys me about this? Well, many things. For a start, he didn’t even tell us that they’d been in an accident, just had a go at me and mum for being on the Internet! And his comments about never being able to get through-he never answers his phone!! He either makes my Gran do it, or ignore it. So shut up you ignorant man!

Maybe I should be more respectful, but he scared and hurt my mother, and he was more worried about screaming at us because I was on the Internet than telling us about the crash. I really do hate it when people are so stupid, ignorant, stupid, and basically bad-tempered. Grrr.

There, got that out of my system. So, as Christmas nears, everything around is surrounded by lights, decorations, etc. Some people go over the top of course. Such as one family, who basically light up the whole neighbourhood at night. People begin desperately buying presents and food, and some spend the whole time worrying about who’s going to who’s house on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

“Well, we’re going over there.”

“No, I thought we were going over to you.”

“No, you’re going to them with their friends on Xmas Day, and then on Boxing Day we’re coming over to you. Oh, and I’ve invited my daughter and her family too.”

“So I have to cook and make dinner that day, and you don’t do anything on either day?”

“Yep, that’s the gist of it.”

*Conversation is not based on happenings from Ant’s family and Grandparents, but extremely similar.*

Going out fur lunch with a girl I’ve known for years tomorrow. Bit nervous, to be honest. But I expect she’ll take charge and rule the conversation, and I’ll sit there eating…the sort of food they cook at wherever she decides to go.

Just been watching CrimeWatch, and they showed something about a murder (not sure on details, only had a glance,) but they had this Presenter who was seemingly called Fiona talking to a Policeman/Detective/Doughnut Eater.

Fiona: “Well, in all my time presenting my programme I’ve never seen anything like that.”

P/D/DE: “ WELL FIONA, IN MY 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE I have never dealt with a case like this.

Seems to me as though someone’s boasting. Oh, how amazing. You’ve probably spent 25 years doing mostly nothing apart from sit in your office, eat doughnuts and occasionally go out somewhere to try and figure out a crime. I’m sorry, but my feelings on the Police are not all that good at the moment. Especially when I heard that some Cops in America beat up an innocent guy, ran him over, and when he asked for an Ambulance said;

“He wants us to call him an Ambulance.” One called to his fellow idiotd.

“Fine,” another replied, “you’re an ambulance.”

Comedies rule. They rule almost as much as Rhinos. If you haven’t ever watched Red Dwarf, Frasier, Operation Good Guys, Have I Got News For You, or The Fast Show, redeem yourself by watching them NOW. Not right now maybe, but in the near future. If you don’t, then I personally will damn your insolence.

But don’t watch Bottom. Unless you’re an immature, childish, or basically stupid person, then you won’t like Bottom. Yes, there’s nothing wrong with the odd hitting-someone-over-the-head-with-a-saucepan moment, but making a whole show out of it really is ludicrous.

Oh, by the way, if you disagree with any of my views that I have stated, feel free to send all your rants and insults, to Stryke. As my Husband, he is the one to deal with such matters.

Shall I talk about something good for once? Well, I’m gonna tape “Bill Hicks-One Night Stand” which is on 12:40am, Paramount Comedy Channel on Saturday night I think. Hopefully that should please some of you, as well as myself. Hopefully he will have the same impression on me as he did for quite a lot of you.

Well, so far this Banter has been less nonsensical than my others. I think I’m doing an excellent impersonation of monkey_man-by not talking about games whatsoever, apart from the tiny mention earlier on.

Leaving the toilet light on. As I have said, the downstairs toilet has brought me many pains (usually actually getting to it, rather than on it) and the toilet light is another downside. Why oh why, do my family CONSTANTLY leave it on!? For Gawd’s sake, turn it off when you’re done shoving out the Curry you ate earlier! It is really very distracting, and I find myself turning it off more than turning it on. Which obviously means I go to the toilet to turn the light off, more than I do to excrete my wastes! And for some reason the toilet got blocked the other day for no reason…oh wait, no, that’s probably because I tried to flush my copy of In Cold Blood down it. Damn Dirty In Cold Blood. The crap that comes out of me gives me more entertainment than the crap that came out of that ‘game.’

One final point-who is stupid enough to, when they’re choosing their username for SR, use a shortened version of their real name?! Who is boring enough, idiotic enough to….oh.

Well, that’s it for tonight. It may not be as good as my previous Banters, but that is mainly due to the constant crying and calling from my younger sister to “stay up there” because she’s scared of ‘bones.’ I’ll show you bones in a minute you annoying little…

Anyway, thank you very much for taking time out of your ‘busy’ schedules to read this, and as I always say, it is an honour for me to know that you have used a part of your life, to read something written by me.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Thu 20/12/01 at 22:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
So, I’m sitting down at my PC once again for this special version of Ant’s Banter, which is brought to you by the Premium Sugar Company-the sweetest company in the land.
What am I going to write about today? Well, nothing in particular, but you must beware that I can go into excruciating detail on occasions. Hopefully, that won’t happen tonight. Unless we’re talking about Rhinos of course, who rule.

AirBlade has become shallow and dull. Rather like any of Rasta’s topics, but there we go. I’m now sick to the crapping pants of ‘hovering’ around a couple of small, graphically impressive cities, with the most annoying of soundtracks playing. As I said last time, if I hear “Everybody flip-flop, flip-flop, fly!” or anything reminiscent of that anytime soon, then I shall rip H from Steps’s head off. Although, that would be quite good actually, considering that he is one of the most annoying twonks to appear on the face of the earth, let alone TV. “STOP STICKING YOUR TONGUE OUT YOU IMMATURE GIT!!”

Oh look, my brother’s just whacked his head on a cupboard as I try and slap him around the face for not leaving me alone, and he is now screaming and crying. Ah well, always happens. And now I’ve got my parents saying, “worst Christmas ever thanks to you two!! I’m going to throw all your presents away!” They never actually do it though. And even if they did, I’d still have Father Christmas to keep me satisfied.

I want to tell you a very short story, but one which annoys me immensely. A few days ago, on a Sunday morning, myself and my mother were at home, getting on with daily chores. Well, she was, but I was on the PC *what a surprise!* Anyway, my mum commented that my dad and brother were late coming back from the football (Under 11’s Football, nothing special.) Just a couple of minutes after this, there was a ring at the door. It was my Grandad. Now my Grandad, although a kind and loving person, can on occasions get very flustered and angry. This, was one of those times.
My mum answered, and as I was surfing the web I could hear him screaming at her, “HAS NEIL (my dad) CONTACTED YOU!?!? HAS HE!?”

My mum was shocked to say the least, and had no idea what he was going on about. “HAS HE RANG!?”

“No…why?”

“Oh let me guess, it’s Anthony on that damn Internet again!! The amount of times we can never get through!! Tell him to get off there!!”

“What? Why? What’s happened?”

“Oh, Neil and Luke (brother) have been in a car crash. He’s just phoned me saying he can’t get through to you.”

So in he came, ranting and raving, so I disconnected. My Dad phoned to say they were both fine. Grandad calms down, says he’ll help pay for damages if we need it (my ar*e.)

So what annoys me about this? Well, many things. For a start, he didn’t even tell us that they’d been in an accident, just had a go at me and mum for being on the Internet! And his comments about never being able to get through-he never answers his phone!! He either makes my Gran do it, or ignore it. So shut up you ignorant man!

Maybe I should be more respectful, but he scared and hurt my mother, and he was more worried about screaming at us because I was on the Internet than telling us about the crash. I really do hate it when people are so stupid, ignorant, stupid, and basically bad-tempered. Grrr.

There, got that out of my system. So, as Christmas nears, everything around is surrounded by lights, decorations, etc. Some people go over the top of course. Such as one family, who basically light up the whole neighbourhood at night. People begin desperately buying presents and food, and some spend the whole time worrying about who’s going to who’s house on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

“Well, we’re going over there.”

“No, I thought we were going over to you.”

“No, you’re going to them with their friends on Xmas Day, and then on Boxing Day we’re coming over to you. Oh, and I’ve invited my daughter and her family too.”

“So I have to cook and make dinner that day, and you don’t do anything on either day?”

“Yep, that’s the gist of it.”

*Conversation is not based on happenings from Ant’s family and Grandparents, but extremely similar.*

Going out fur lunch with a girl I’ve known for years tomorrow. Bit nervous, to be honest. But I expect she’ll take charge and rule the conversation, and I’ll sit there eating…the sort of food they cook at wherever she decides to go.

Just been watching CrimeWatch, and they showed something about a murder (not sure on details, only had a glance,) but they had this Presenter who was seemingly called Fiona talking to a Policeman/Detective/Doughnut Eater.

Fiona: “Well, in all my time presenting my programme I’ve never seen anything like that.”

P/D/DE: “ WELL FIONA, IN MY 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE I have never dealt with a case like this.

Seems to me as though someone’s boasting. Oh, how amazing. You’ve probably spent 25 years doing mostly nothing apart from sit in your office, eat doughnuts and occasionally go out somewhere to try and figure out a crime. I’m sorry, but my feelings on the Police are not all that good at the moment. Especially when I heard that some Cops in America beat up an innocent guy, ran him over, and when he asked for an Ambulance said;

“He wants us to call him an Ambulance.” One called to his fellow idiotd.

“Fine,” another replied, “you’re an ambulance.”

Comedies rule. They rule almost as much as Rhinos. If you haven’t ever watched Red Dwarf, Frasier, Operation Good Guys, Have I Got News For You, or The Fast Show, redeem yourself by watching them NOW. Not right now maybe, but in the near future. If you don’t, then I personally will damn your insolence.

But don’t watch Bottom. Unless you’re an immature, childish, or basically stupid person, then you won’t like Bottom. Yes, there’s nothing wrong with the odd hitting-someone-over-the-head-with-a-saucepan moment, but making a whole show out of it really is ludicrous.

Oh, by the way, if you disagree with any of my views that I have stated, feel free to send all your rants and insults, to Stryke. As my Husband, he is the one to deal with such matters.

Shall I talk about something good for once? Well, I’m gonna tape “Bill Hicks-One Night Stand” which is on 12:40am, Paramount Comedy Channel on Saturday night I think. Hopefully that should please some of you, as well as myself. Hopefully he will have the same impression on me as he did for quite a lot of you.

Well, so far this Banter has been less nonsensical than my others. I think I’m doing an excellent impersonation of monkey_man-by not talking about games whatsoever, apart from the tiny mention earlier on.

Leaving the toilet light on. As I have said, the downstairs toilet has brought me many pains (usually actually getting to it, rather than on it) and the toilet light is another downside. Why oh why, do my family CONSTANTLY leave it on!? For Gawd’s sake, turn it off when you’re done shoving out the Curry you ate earlier! It is really very distracting, and I find myself turning it off more than turning it on. Which obviously means I go to the toilet to turn the light off, more than I do to excrete my wastes! And for some reason the toilet got blocked the other day for no reason…oh wait, no, that’s probably because I tried to flush my copy of In Cold Blood down it. Damn Dirty In Cold Blood. The crap that comes out of me gives me more entertainment than the crap that came out of that ‘game.’

One final point-who is stupid enough to, when they’re choosing their username for SR, use a shortened version of their real name?! Who is boring enough, idiotic enough to….oh.

Well, that’s it for tonight. It may not be as good as my previous Banters, but that is mainly due to the constant crying and calling from my younger sister to “stay up there” because she’s scared of ‘bones.’ I’ll show you bones in a minute you annoying little…

Anyway, thank you very much for taking time out of your ‘busy’ schedules to read this, and as I always say, it is an honour for me to know that you have used a part of your life, to read something written by me.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Thu 20/12/01 at 22:24
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ant wrote:
I’ll show
> you bones in a minute you annoying little…

Ermmm.... That is an extemely disturbing sentence to read, especially considering you're saying it to your li'l sister...
Thu 20/12/01 at 22:27
Regular
"es argh"
That must of took a while, anyway my Grandads split his head open on a stereo and he's not doing to well, Damn you Ant, cursing grandads everywhere :) I prefer watching Family Guy.
Thu 20/12/01 at 22:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Ant wrote:
I’ll show
> you bones in a minute you annoying
> little…

Ermmm.... That is an extemely disturbing sentence to read, especially
> considering you're saying it to your li'l sister...

Damn you and your extremely dirty mind Rasta.

Eurgh...
Thu 20/12/01 at 23:04
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
When you get to my age, rantings from parents don't happen. If they do, I explain calmly and they believe me.
Thu 20/12/01 at 23:07
Regular
"Back in black"
Grandprix wrote:
> When you get to my age, rantings from parents don't happen. If they do, I
> explain calmly and they believe me.

Is that not supposed to happen when your two!? But without the calm bit, more like cry!
Thu 20/12/01 at 23:10
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ant wrote:
Damn you and your extremely dirty mind Rasta.

Eurgh...

Muah ha ha ha ha...

;-D
Thu 20/12/01 at 23:34
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
“STOP STICKING YOUR TONGUE OUT YOU IMMATURE GIT!!”

That sentence along was worth reading the entire topic times over for. As soon as I read that sentence, I cracked up. It must be that you were all came and all, and then out of nowhere, you blurt out a big sentence with cap locks and exclaimation marks and everything. Haha - I'm easily entertained!
Fri 21/12/01 at 08:12
Regular
So I've got to deal with the complaints? Well, thats just fine! Anyone who is annoyed with the comments I reply to your complaints, feel free to send these new and improved grievances back to Ant, my wife.
Fri 21/12/01 at 16:10
Regular
I always find my self laughing reading ants banter

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.