GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uploading my files "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/11 at 22:17
Regular
Hi guys new to this forum. Have been uploading files via Ftp but when I try to view the website all i get is apache 2 test page. Not sure why this is. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Using VIP web hosting
Fri 28/10/11 at 11:03
Regular
Hello,

A simple solution could be that the holding page has not been deleted.

Look for a page called index.html and delete it. Then just to be sure upload your index page.

Hope this helps.

[ADMIN EDIT] - Thank you for offering advice to this user, however I have removed the link to your website as is it against our T&C. A full list can be found on our [LINK=http://chat.freeola.com/forum_rules.php]rules[/LINK] page
Mon 24/10/11 at 10:12
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
SwissChris wrote:
I've uploaded my files (including index.html) to my site but when I go and check it using the view site, it tells me that no index file has been uploaded. Having spent most of the day trying to upload the site it's doing my head in. I did load into the htdocs folder as well. Could somebody tell me what I've done wrong. I have checked to see that the files have uploaded ok
SwissChris..

Hi SwissChris,

It looks a though there is an uppercase 'I' on your index.html page. As Freeola's hosting servers all run Linux, page names are case sensitive causing Index.html to appear as a completely seperate file to index.html.

If you rename the file to be index.html, it should resolve the issue, however you'll also need to update any links from other pages to your home page with the lowercase 'i'.
Sun 23/10/11 at 21:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi SwissChris and welcome to the Forums ...

A link to your site would be useful here :¬) Also have you tried 'viewing' your site through a browser?
Sun 23/10/11 at 21:06
Regular
I've uploaded my files (including index.html) to my site but when I go and check it using the view site, it tells me that no index file has been uploaded. Having spent most of the day trying to upload the site it's doing my head in. I did load into the htdocs folder as well. Could somebody tell me what I've done wrong.
I have checked to see that the files have uploaded ok
SwissChris..
Thu 06/10/11 at 10:07
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
If this is your VIP site then it seems ok to me. You have 2 .htm files in your htdocs folder but neither of them have any content so you'll just see a blank page.
Wed 05/10/11 at 23:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And you will find them to be most accomodating :¬)
Wed 05/10/11 at 23:11
Regular
Thanks for your help. This explains the problem a bit better. The fault is not at my end. Will have to get on the phone to freeola in the morning.

Thanks
Wed 05/10/11 at 22:55
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Welcome to the Forums, chris_wrx,

Not really sure of your problem at the moment yet but others may be along soon to give more positive support but in the mean time, you may find this link 'informative' and laughable :¬) :

Apache 2 Test Page

:¬)
Wed 05/10/11 at 22:17
Regular
Hi guys new to this forum. Have been uploading files via Ftp but when I try to view the website all i get is apache 2 test page. Not sure why this is. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Using VIP web hosting

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.