GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims: E4 Edition"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims'.
Sat 15/03/03 at 13:54
Regular
It would seem that these days mundanity is viewed as an essential part of the entertainment industry. The popularity of the 'get out of bed and go to work sim' that is 'The Sims' says all you need to know. Combine this with the popularity of such profoundly unremarkable 'reality TV' shows, such as 'The Salon', and you'll begin to notice society's irreversible decline towards sheer pointlessness.

Now there's no need to do anything constructive ever again. EA have linked up with E4 to create a completely new 'surreality TV concept'. Ten 'REAL' people (no artificial colours or preservatives) shall be chosen to compete against each other in a 'game of life'. Instead of actually living, the contestants will actually be controlling avatars of themselves: living as Sims within a computer game. Each player is then voted off, one-by-one, by the viewing public.

Just imagine the excitement: now you can watch a 19 year old waiter from Horsham pretend to be a 34 year old milkman in a computer game. Ooooh... what will happen next? Will Mike do the dishes [...gasp!]? Will Nicola be a bit late for work [...swoon!]?

What's even better than that is that E4 are broadcasting 17 ever-so-slightly differing versions of the programme, which shall compose over 90% of the broadcasting schedule. There's 'The Sims: After Hours' which features mild-sexual swear words such as: ####, **** and $$$$. There's 'The Sims: The Reality Behind the Surreality' which investigates the equally uninteresting real-life backgrounds of the players. There's even 'The Sims: The Sims', where the public can pretend to be the players who are pretending to be members of the public. And, of course, there is the essential 'The Sims: Uncut': where they show the bits that were too boring to include in the main edit. Here you can watch the players navigate their 'pause' menus and make essential modifications to their memory card layouts. Wow.

I'm just glad I quit my job, left my wife and sold my flat... now I should have enough time to concentrate on the really important things in life.
Tue 18/03/03 at 20:16
Regular
El Blokey wrote:
> .
>
> Why?
>

Monkey see long posts winning.

Monkey struggles to make post long and ends up delivering a long-winded, repetitive and unenjoyable piece.

Most of the time. So, it's good to see a prize awarded to a short but sweet post.
Mon 17/03/03 at 17:19
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Asher D wrote:
> nice to see a shorter post winning for
> once.

Why?

Well done though illzen, great post.
Mon 17/03/03 at 17:15
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Heh, funny post.
Mon 17/03/03 at 16:58
Regular
Excellent! Congrats on the GAD, nice to see a shorter post winning for once.
Sat 15/03/03 at 13:54
Regular
"95% organic"
It would seem that these days mundanity is viewed as an essential part of the entertainment industry. The popularity of the 'get out of bed and go to work sim' that is 'The Sims' says all you need to know. Combine this with the popularity of such profoundly unremarkable 'reality TV' shows, such as 'The Salon', and you'll begin to notice society's irreversible decline towards sheer pointlessness.

Now there's no need to do anything constructive ever again. EA have linked up with E4 to create a completely new 'surreality TV concept'. Ten 'REAL' people (no artificial colours or preservatives) shall be chosen to compete against each other in a 'game of life'. Instead of actually living, the contestants will actually be controlling avatars of themselves: living as Sims within a computer game. Each player is then voted off, one-by-one, by the viewing public.

Just imagine the excitement: now you can watch a 19 year old waiter from Horsham pretend to be a 34 year old milkman in a computer game. Ooooh... what will happen next? Will Mike do the dishes [...gasp!]? Will Nicola be a bit late for work [...swoon!]?

What's even better than that is that E4 are broadcasting 17 ever-so-slightly differing versions of the programme, which shall compose over 90% of the broadcasting schedule. There's 'The Sims: After Hours' which features mild-sexual swear words such as: ####, **** and $$$$. There's 'The Sims: The Reality Behind the Surreality' which investigates the equally uninteresting real-life backgrounds of the players. There's even 'The Sims: The Sims', where the public can pretend to be the players who are pretending to be members of the public. And, of course, there is the essential 'The Sims: Uncut': where they show the bits that were too boring to include in the main edit. Here you can watch the players navigate their 'pause' menus and make essential modifications to their memory card layouts. Wow.

I'm just glad I quit my job, left my wife and sold my flat... now I should have enough time to concentrate on the really important things in life.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.