GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Student Loans"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/03/03 at 16:57
Regular
I just opened my mail and got a letter rom Student Loans Company Limited saying

"We have been unable to contact you for some time regarding the above noted loan (to which there is just a reference no.) and have been informed recently that you are at this present address."

"It is imperative that you telephone us immediately on **** *** **** to prevent a serios situation deteriorating further. Falilure to do so will result in our deciding our next course of action without further reference to you"

No if i tell you I never went to uni of college, and so never took out any blooming loans, and the letter was sent to my mum and dads address where i had been living throughout all my education (hence i have no idea why they have recently been informed i am at this address!) so why the hell am i getting threatening letters from a company I've never heard from.

Has anyone else had a letter from these tw@'s or know why they should be contacting me? To receive a letter worded in such manner is surely the basis for a compensation claim on the grounds of harrassment...any ideas?
Mon 17/03/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Cheers IB, It's much appreciated
Mon 17/03/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I owe the student loans company a fortune. And I'm not going to pay them yet. But last year was the last year I could defer payment to them. I now earn more than the national average. Therefore I have to pay. Damn!
Mon 17/03/03 at 10:19
"Darkness, always"
http://www.equifax.co.uk/ [space] equifax/consumer/getfile.html

Costs you about £2-3, but that's just to cover the cost of printing, postage and admin.
Mon 17/03/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I'd get a copy of your credit history if I were you.

Any ideas how to go about this?
Mon 17/03/03 at 10:12
"Darkness, always"
I'd get a copy of your credit history if I were you.

They might have blackmarked you thinking you were the other guy, and won't necessarily take it off again.
Mon 17/03/03 at 09:12
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Well I've just come off the phone to them and after a bit of ranting and raving with the odd bit of swearing thrown in for good measure, it's not me they're chasing...hurrah!

What had happened is that there is someone else with the same name as me and 1 middle name the same as me (I have 2 this person only has 1) that has run away from their student debts. So the clever people at Student Loans sent ME a letter.

When I phoned them they said it had gone to the litigation dept. as i hadn't contacted them or responded to any of their mail. I explained that I didn't know why I had received the letter (in no uncertain terms) as i have never been to college or Uni, and so would have no need for a Student Loan.

I was then asked for my previous address to which i don't blooming have one to what was on the letter, and then for my D.O.B which was different to the person that had run up the loan.

It was all put onto their computer system and I was asked to just send the letter back with a little note explaining what has happened. Incredibally I COULD have sued them through the small claims court for stress, defimation of character and one of two other things as my Dad who is a director of a company had already been onto the companies legal department who were going to persue it for me!

It's a crazy 'ol world...I wonder if they'll like my stinky letter, saying if i don't receive an appology then it will result in ME deciding my next course of action without further reference to them!
Sun 16/03/03 at 00:03
Regular
laugh at them, be outlandishly rude if you have to. And ask them why they are based in scotland of all places.

only joking, So far as i can see the student loan company are actually an all right bunch, theyve sorted out pretty much all my problems, pretty quickly and haven't really mucked me about much. You learn to love them, when the date they release your installment is the day when you see students accross the land finally smile and are mysteriously all out for about 3 weeks after the payment comes through.

2 things

A) call them up and ask them whats going on
B)I fail to understand why they are pestering you as you have not contacted them and as a result they shouldn't know your annual earnings so don't actually know if you are elligible to start paying it back.
Sat 15/03/03 at 17:11
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
You could just phone them, explain the situation that you haven't taken out any loans from them and that you haven't studied at a university...

If the won't accept it then ask for copies of the appropriate paper work of the entire history of the supposed loan...
if they still won't accept it then take the story to your local newspaper.

Above all: keep all the letters they send you as evidence of their mistake and make notes on any phone conversations you have with them.

(if its only one letter then I don't think you have a case for harrasment yet)
Sat 15/03/03 at 17:10
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Dr Gonzo wrote:

> Phone them up, explain there has been a mistake, problem sorted.

I've tried but as is always so typical, they're shut until Monday...why I ortta!
Sat 15/03/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
The thing is I've never had any money from the bellends and have never even heard of the company!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.