GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Far Cry - looks..........real!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Far Cry'.
Sat 15/03/03 at 18:44
Regular
i just checked out some of these shots from Far Cry, it looks stunning to say the least, just hope it will be as good as it looks!

check em out, now!

go here: http://www.crytek.com/games/index.php?s=xisle#
Sat 15/03/03 at 18:44
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
i just checked out some of these shots from Far Cry, it looks stunning to say the least, just hope it will be as good as it looks!

check em out, now!

go here: http://www.crytek.com/games/index.php?s=xisle#
Sun 16/03/03 at 21:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I saw this in Edge.

Looked pretty damn good.
Mon 17/03/03 at 19:36
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Yeah it looks damn sweet. It sounds good to, you wake up on a tropical island to find you are being hunted down by a bunch of luny people or sumthing like that. If the AI, physics and storyline are as good as that of Halo then this is sure to be a huge hit. XIII also looks damn sweet, completely different style though, it doesn't aim at realism as it is cel-shaded, but looks and sounds rather superb, i like the fact that in XIII their is a large stealth element in the gameplay.
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If the AI, physics and storyline are better than Halo, you might actualy get a decent game.

:P
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:38
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Cyclone wrote:
> If the AI, physics and storyline are better than Halo, you might
> actualy get a decent game.
>
> :P

TRUE!

I believe halo is a good game but i feel it is hugley over rated. After researching and reading about the game before xbox launched in europe, it sounded awesome but when i got it on 14th March 2002 i was fairly disappointed, it just didn't seem to turn my knobs. Multiplayer however does not disappoint me. I felt there were not anywhere near enough weapons!

I hope Halo 2 can fill the gaps and turn my knobs:P
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
WAHEY! Someone who agrees!

Bloody hell! The amount of hype about this is ridculous. Sure, its good, just nowhere near 'the best game ever'. If it actualy did have amazing plot twists, AI and atmosphere, then it might justify its hype.

YAHOO!

:D
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:53
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Cyclone wrote:
> WAHEY! Someone who agrees!
>
> Bloody hell! The amount of hype about this is ridculous. Sure, its
> good, just nowhere near 'the best game ever'. If it actualy did have
> amazing plot twists, AI and atmosphere, then it might justify its
> hype.
>
> YAHOO!
>
> :D

It is a good game but is nowhere near as astonishing as people make it out to be, i play it once every several months! I play splinter cell, fifa 2003, tiger woods, MGS2:substance and others far more than i do Halo. In fact i only ever play it on split-screen when a mate or 2 pops round. The story-line(what story-line?), is rather cack, very few weapons, but however it has some stunning visuals and a good physics engine apart from that, it is a fairly standard FPS in my view. Perhaps it's because i'm not a star-trek junky? I do infact drool over the thought of Halo2 because of what i have read and seen about it, it had better not fall short of the mark!
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I doubt it will.
Thu 20/03/03 at 20:13
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I don't think Far Cry looks "real" at all, good though.

And Halo IS all that. I got a lend of 007 Nightfire a few days ago, now that defines the word average, as well as predictable and bland.

I can see why some don't like Halo, but playing most other FPSers (timesplitters 2 etc) made me appriciate Halo even more. Not to mention the fact that when you play Halo system link it becomes apparant that you are playing something VERY special.

PS- saw Metroid prime running the other day- looks great! And 'cubes are only £80 in Argos now. Tempting...
Thu 20/03/03 at 20:58
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Mantis wrote:
> I don't think Far Cry looks "real" at all, good though.
>
> And Halo IS all that. I got a lend of 007 Nightfire a few days ago,
> now that defines the word average, as well as predictable and bland.
>
> I can see why some don't like Halo, but playing most other FPSers
> (timesplitters 2 etc) made me appriciate Halo even more. Not to
> mention the fact that when you play Halo system link it becomes
> apparant that you are playing something VERY special.
>
> PS- saw Metroid prime running the other day- looks great! And 'cubes
> are only £80 in Argos now. Tempting...

...... Yeah I have reserved a cube today from Argos and am getting it tomorrow morning, Metroid comes out tomorrow also, so no doubt I will get that. Am still not sure about what free game to get with the cube though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.