GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ELITE IV"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/03/03 at 03:01
Regular
Just been surfing and discovered there is to be an Elite IV. Can't wait for that. Its about time that classic game got a modern facelift. the graphics on Frontier were to be honest crap, and a lot of the game was tedious. But the sheer scale of such a project always awed me, and I hope David Braben makes full use of the modern PC spec and creates something awesome.

Ideally, it should combine the best elements of frontier elite 2, star wars : x-wing alliance, star wars rogue leader and starcraft.

I know many of you will have found the 'trading' and moving from star system to star system boring and a waste of a CD, but I think the next installment will be something really special.
Thu 20/03/03 at 23:03
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> The last update on that site was 2001. Even the copyrights haven't
> been updated.

Its been updated a few times since then... some big name contract they nabbed (not Wallace an Grommet) and most recently a some pocket PC stuff...

I'm not expecting its release any time soon, but I'll bet its still on the way.
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:24
Regular
http://www.eve-online.com/

is all i have to say on the subject :)
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:08
Regular
"A man with a stick"
freelancer is supposed to be allot like Elite, I played a demo and it's quite a decent game. It takes the same set-up as morrowind (the only game I can compare it to since I never had the opertunity to play Elite) There's a main storyline to it all but the game also allows you to go off and explore the galaxy at will.

There's jobs to do for extra money, planets to visit to buy extra weapons and new ships and plenty of scrap and space debris from fallen enemies to collect and trade with. I think it's the closest you'll get to Elite until the game is officially (if it ever will be) announced.
Tue 18/03/03 at 02:03
Regular
way to shoot my dreams down in flames there ;o)
Mon 17/03/03 at 13:30
"Darkness, always"
Can't see it happening myself.

http://www.frontier.co.uk/

The last update on that site was 2001. Even the copyrights haven't been updated.
Sun 16/03/03 at 03:01
Regular
Just been surfing and discovered there is to be an Elite IV. Can't wait for that. Its about time that classic game got a modern facelift. the graphics on Frontier were to be honest crap, and a lot of the game was tedious. But the sheer scale of such a project always awed me, and I hope David Braben makes full use of the modern PC spec and creates something awesome.

Ideally, it should combine the best elements of frontier elite 2, star wars : x-wing alliance, star wars rogue leader and starcraft.

I know many of you will have found the 'trading' and moving from star system to star system boring and a waste of a CD, but I think the next installment will be something really special.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.