GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayStation 2 dream set-up"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/12/01 at 12:06
Regular
If I was able to afford a dream set-up for my PlayStation 2 games room, it will have to be like this…

Let’s start with a plasma widescreen TV shall we, and it must be 52”, no less. There’s most of the money gone. Then throw in a top of the line surround sound system, with high-end audio outputs, consisting of at least ten massive speakers placed around the room, including speakers attacked to my special seat, where I rest my head, just like in the arcades. I would have front and right speakers, even rear speakers so I can feel, let alone hear the footsteps of someone approaching me in Silent Hill 2, not to mention a huge centre speaker, making full use of the sub-woofer system. It will have to be Dolby Digital with DTS signals from DVD and DVD games, converting into six separate audio signals for the Amplifier. Then I would connect another system, which will combine the power of this unit, making it even greater. Oh yeah, and let’s not forget some ultra-fantastic lights, creating a wonderful ambient effect around the room - probably something to match the PS2’s colours of Earth and Space. And finally…my PlayStation 2 – the ultimate home entertainment system known to man. Of course, until the XBOX or Gamecube arrives, but the PS2 still has its moments with great games, and most of them being exclusives.

So imagine what it would be like to listen to that F-14 Tomcat fly-by when watching Top Gun, or feel the shivers of the footsteps in Silent Hill 2.

What’s your dream set-up?
Thu 20/12/01 at 22:48
Regular
"You've upset me"
Slaveunit wrote:
> A lottery win, hookers and blackjack.

On second thoughts, skip the lottery
> and blackjack.....

FUTURAMA RULES!!!!

:-D
Thu 20/12/01 at 22:46
I think that I would be happy with that setup.

Thu 20/12/01 at 16:10
Regular
"Digging!"
same, but with a gamecube
Thu 20/12/01 at 15:45
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
Slaveunit wrote:
On second thoughts, skip the lottery and blackjack.....

Nice call!
Thu 20/12/01 at 13:12
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
A lottery win, hookers and blackjack.

On second thoughts, skip the lottery and blackjack.....
Thu 20/12/01 at 13:02
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Just me and my Ps2, alone. Some romantic music, a little food and a bottle of Chablis.

After some romantic chit-chat we would retire to the bedroom where... oh hold on I thought you said.... oh god nevermind.
Thu 20/12/01 at 12:55
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Dr Nebster crippen wrote:
> Nice One, can i join you?

OK, but bring your own oil.
Thu 20/12/01 at 12:24
Regular
"I confused?"
Nice One, can i join you?
Thu 20/12/01 at 12:22
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Big TV, lots of noise, many games, no job, troupe of oiled up tramolining hula cocktail girls.
Thu 20/12/01 at 12:10
Regular
"I confused?"
Tv game cube and lots of spare time. Short and sweet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.