GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil - What I think."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/03/03 at 11:02
Regular
I was playing a good ol' bit of Resident Evil last night, in the dark, till about 2am. As I never played the PSX version, It’s kind of a new game for me...

And it’s bloody brilliant.

When I first got the game, I hated the fixed camera, I couldn’t get used to controlling my character for a while, but now, No problems. I must admit, the graphics are awesome - So what if they are Pre-Renders, They look amazing, and so does the character models.

Anyway, I was playing last night, in the dark....And it was seriously scaring the living daylights outta me! The sense of isolation in the mansion is really well executed, Echoing footsteps, thunder and lightning, it makes you feel so alone and isolated from the outside world! Brilliant! Dogs hurling themselves through windows, Zombies appearing from nowhere and those annoying Crimson heads, But still they make the game a "thrill"/ a surge of adrenaline. I've never seen a game with such an involving storyline, the mysterious nature of Barry and the secrets of the Mansion, It’s so good!

The weapons are the coolest thing known to man, its great kicking some mutant butt with the Grenade launcher, or blasting those damn dogs with a shotgun. Oh and the stun gun, I think everyone needs one of them, seeing smoke bellow from a zombies body after its been electrocuted is quite an impressive graphical effect.

But I think the main thing that I like about this game is the puzzles, they get the ol' brain box into gear, And it’s a great sense of achievement when you solve them! Like last night, a mutant plant was in a greenhouse, and an object I required was located on the other side of the room, shooting it does no good. But there is a water-pumping device nearby, and I have some herbicide, put that in the water pump and turn it on. Voila! Again, I emphasize the word "brilliant"

Ah yes, I recommend this game to anyone who hasn’t got it, or anyone who has just got a Gamecube. It’s scary.
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:36
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I’m afraid you can, I loved the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2 is probably my favourite ever but, I think the Resi Remake is better then the original.
Wed 19/03/03 at 13:13
Regular
"where's my tag?"
/me dusts off my old PSOne coppies of Resident Evil: Directors Cut, Res2 and Res3. You can't beat the originals :)
Mon 17/03/03 at 21:37
"Wa-wa-west"
Pringle28 wrote:
> what is better? resi 0 or resi? I only have resi but some people say
> that the prequal isnt as good.

Don't listen to them! The prequel rules!
Mon 17/03/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Ah, its a wicked game :-)
Mon 17/03/03 at 21:09
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> No! Don't put in the red diamond!
>
> A load of snakes come out the roof!
>
> You have to use it in a box.

Shhhhhhhhhh.......
Mon 17/03/03 at 21:07
Regular
Kyz22 wrote:
> Which Resi are we on about here?

Resident Evil (the remake)
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Which Resi are we on about here?
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No! Don't put in the red diamond!

A load of snakes come out the roof!

You have to use it in a box.
Mon 17/03/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
what is better? resi 0 or resi? I only have resi but some people say that the prequal isnt as good.
Sun 16/03/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Thanks Whitestripes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.