GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"stupid fact(or lie?)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/03/03 at 14:54
Regular
Did you know?

Players the world over have played on Xbox Live for more than 15.7 million hours - that's equivalent to 1,800 continuous years of gameplay! When are they finding time to eat, sleep, work...?

courtesy of xbox.com newsletter.

Hopefully i will soon be able to contribute to this figure, thats if frickin BT will install broadband to my area *fiddles thumbs while waiting for BT to decide that it is time to consider installing broadband in the area*

On the website BT say they will consider reviewing the situation if the trigger level of 300 is reach, it currently stands at about 130, after about 1-2 years, goddammit.
Sun 16/03/03 at 14:54
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Did you know?

Players the world over have played on Xbox Live for more than 15.7 million hours - that's equivalent to 1,800 continuous years of gameplay! When are they finding time to eat, sleep, work...?

courtesy of xbox.com newsletter.

Hopefully i will soon be able to contribute to this figure, thats if frickin BT will install broadband to my area *fiddles thumbs while waiting for BT to decide that it is time to consider installing broadband in the area*

On the website BT say they will consider reviewing the situation if the trigger level of 300 is reach, it currently stands at about 130, after about 1-2 years, goddammit.
Sun 16/03/03 at 19:44
Regular
Call them,fone them,email them do something ...............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.Cough
Sun 16/03/03 at 22:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mutant_guy:) wrote:
> Call them,fone them,email them do something
> ...............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.Cough

That wont do any good. Trigger levels are set so that BT can see what demand there it for the upgrade. So if a trigger level is set at 300 then BT need 300 different people on 300 different phone numbers to actually register a response. So if you know people at school/work then get them to register there interest and get the numbers up. BT need to put these triggers on as upgrading exchanges is costly and is'nt worth BT doing it for just a few people.

Probably there has been 15.7 million hours wasted on XBox Live. The Americans have had it since November 15th and the Beta testing had been going on for a few months before. Then Beta testers here have been on since mid November and then the Test Drivers since early December. 150,000 people in America got the kit on day 1 of it being on sale, so even if everyone of them spent 100 hours online that would be 15 million, let alone all the kits sold since. I've probably spent a good 30-40 hours since getting it in November.
Mon 17/03/03 at 19:57
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
adrian what is LIVE! like? is it really as good as it said to be? Any lags? What speed of broadband are you using it through?

The thing is, where i live ntl installed broadband practically everywhere in the village apart from where i live(about 1 year ago), i think it is something to with the fact that i live amongst the shops. The person who lives across the road from me, literally 10-20 metres away has ntl broadband but i can't fricking get it! So because ntl have installed themselves in probably about 70-80% of the village apart from my house and all the shops, BT are therefore unlikely to install in the area because most people have ntl but like you say they won't install it for a small number of people. I don't understand why ntl didn't install it on my side of the high street(where all the shops and my house are), as people live above all the shops! ntl suck. The village i live in has a population of about 4 thousand people so with some luck BT may come round.

It's sooooo unfair. Apparantly only about 14% of people in the UK (or England) can get broadband at the moment. Oh i wish i was in that 14%.
Mon 17/03/03 at 22:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
az_00_uk wrote:
> adrian what is LIVE! like? is it really as good as it said to be? Any
> lags? What speed of broadband are you using it through?
>
> It's sooooo unfair. Apparantly only about 14% of people in the UK (or
> England) can get broadband at the moment. Oh i wish i was in that 14%.

Sure that 70% of the population were covered.

XBox Live is good, no real lag but I havent played it for ages so that was only when it was still being tested over here. The only game to suffer lag is Unreal Championship. I can easily host games with 8 people for Unreal Championship with no lag but sometimes I get lag in games I am not hosting. On big CTF maps lag didnt really occur even with 16 players. All the other games suffer from very little to no lag. I run 512K ADSL so its not the fastest but having 1mb to 512K wont make much difference as upload is a big issue for XBox Live and not the download. You do need a good download like 512K but having the extra 512K that 1mb provides isnt really needed for XBox Live.
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:13
Regular
"BOSE"
we have broadband in my area. we're getting it soon. i don't think i'll get Xbox Live though, because i might never leave my room
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
70%?

Never.
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:45
Regular
"pie"
az_00_uk wrote:
> Did you know?
>
> Players the world over have played on Xbox Live for more than 15.7
> million hours - that's equivalent to 1,800 continuous years of
> gameplay! When are they finding time to eat, sleep, work...?
>
> courtesy of xbox.com newsletter.
>
>
> Hopefully i will soon be able to contribute to this figure, thats if
> frickin BT will install broadband to my area *fiddles thumbs while
> waiting for BT to decide that it is time to consider installing
> broadband in the area*
>
> On the website BT say they will consider reviewing the situation if
> the trigger level of 300 is reach, it currently stands at about 130,
> after about 1-2 years, goddammit.

70% no way

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.