GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, I'm getting a 'cube on Wednesday...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/03/03 at 16:17
Regular
Because of this £78.99 deal, I'm picking up a Gamecube and Luigi's Mansion. I'm going to get Metroid Prime off the internet for £24.99 brand new, and Tony Hawk's 4 for £20.

Thing is, I need some money, I've got about £60 so to raise more I'm selling my N64. I'm wondering how much you think I'll get for everything:

3 official controllers (boxed)
1 unofficial controller
N64 console (boxed)

The following games:

FIFA 98
World Cup 98
ISS 64
F1 World Grand Prix
Mario Golf
WWF No Mercy
Mace: The Dark Age
WWF Attitude
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Body Harvest
Mario Party
Pokemon Stadium
Madden 64
Goldeneye
The World is not enough
Mario Kart 64
Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Nagano Winter Olympics
Jet Force Gemini
V-Rally 64
Wayne Gretzky's 3D hockey
Snowboard Kids
Wipeout 64
Banjo Kazooie

All Games have their original games and boxes, I've got a Gameboy emulator too.

Where would be the best place to trade it in, or sell it. If I were to try to trade it in in GAME how much do you think they would give??

I don't really want to use eBay.

Sorry for posting a long list of games, I just need to know if it will make enough money for me. I want about £80-£90, is this a realistic target?
Mon 17/03/03 at 09:07
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Went to pick up gmcb for the £79 quid deal in argos...comes with one of 4 games and unofficial mem card! They didnt have eternal darkness or card in stock....so I got upgraded to any game and nintendo mem card...not bad for a mornings work....just off to dixons today to take advantage of their cheap azz games....when will this end?
Ps where is metroid £25 online?
I want!
Sun 16/03/03 at 23:31
Regular
"past,present&future"
Yeah, but you could say the Pokemon set is even harder to find, but would you want it?

Or all the Imac Transparent colours?

Collectors tend to go for the oldest, original stuff often.

Time will tell...

I personally believe: The games industry gets all hyped up and everyone rushes out to buy the latest game, but you can buy classic N64 games for £5 each (or less).

(If I didn't already have them all, which I do), I'd rather get the best 8 N64 games than Metroid Prime or Windwalker.

In a few years time they'll be much cheaper, they'll still be great games though...
Sun 16/03/03 at 23:16
Regular
vorderman wrote:
> I'd rather have the Old Skool set than a Golden Eye set anyday.
>
> Will be worth more in future, cos collectors like the original, most
> NINTENDO branding.
>
> V.

I disagree, the Goldeneye pack is much harder to find than the original and so will be worth more to collectors. Please don't sell your N64 you will really miss it. My N64 has been banished into my bedroom with my PS2 but it still gets used regularly, I just can't resist those classic games.
Sun 16/03/03 at 23:11
"The Will of D."
I still have all boxes for my games and I have about 8 of those plastic carry casings, except Mario 64, coz I bought the Mario 64 Game pak which doesn't include the box for the game.

I think Ocarina of Time will sell pretty good now with the release of Wind Waker, OoT remake, and Master quest.
Sun 16/03/03 at 22:34
Regular
"past,present&future"
I'd rather have the Old Skool set than a Golden Eye set anyday.

Will be worth more in future, cos collectors like the original, most NINTENDO branding.

V.
Sun 16/03/03 at 21:44
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Mine is the normal box, from when it was released, everythin has original box and manual, even controllers.
Sun 16/03/03 at 21:31
Regular
Memorandum wrote:
> What idiot bought it and a few games for £65???
>
> I am only expecting £80 for one and 24 games!!

Hey, it was a good deal:

-N64: boxed, limited edition Goldeneye pack with Gold controller.
-The World Is Not Enough: boxed, with manual.
-Mario Tennis: boxed, with manual.
-Turok 2: boxed, with manual, plus strategy guide.
-Goldeneye 007: unboxed, with manual.
-Ocarina Of Time: unboxed, with manual.
-World Cup '98: unboxed, no manual.

Now THAT, is worth £65.00.
Sun 16/03/03 at 20:59
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Hmmmm, I suppose I could get rid of:

FIFA 98
World Cup 98
ISS 64
Mace: The Dark Age
WWF Attitude
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Body Harvest
Mario Party
Pokemon Stadium
Madden 64
Nagano Winter Olympics
V-Rally 64
Wayne Gretzky's 3D hockey
Sun 16/03/03 at 20:35
Regular
"past,present&future"
I agree with Gerrid, don't sell the whole thing, maybe sell the bad games, but think how much you've loved it, how many hours you've played those games.

I never trade in a console, or a game I really like, cos 1 day I'll have kids, and I'll say 'Back in the day, we only had Mario 64, and Tombraider 1', etc.

I'd give you more than £80, just cos it's a silly low price for a peice of classic gaming history.

If you have to, you should go the Computer Exchange, Rathbone Place, London, and get credit against GC games, they're very fair.

V.
Sun 16/03/03 at 19:12
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
From where?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.